- a full-service agency that's been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, Teck Resources, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We're a group of people who create work we're proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal
- yet professional
- group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we'll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Major-Tom-EI_IE2157894.11,20.htm), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ItsMajorTom), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/MajorTomAgency/).
Who We're Looking For:
This role will work closely with Account Managers and Strategists, with tasks relating primarily to Paid Search, Paid Social and Google Analytics. You don't need to be an expert with the platforms themselves, but do need a theoretical understanding of these areas ideally.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Communicate regularly with Account Strategists, ensuring their client's campaign goals are being met.
- Support on the execution of Paid Search and Paid Social campaigns. This includes:
- Keyword research
- Ad copy development
- Campaign set-up
- Building custom audiences
- Campaign tracking
- Performance management & optimizations
- Support and monitor campaign performance, budgets, and project timelines.
- Support the team on researching opportunities and attend brainstorming sessions.
- Attend vendor and client meetings, providing valuable insights.
- Run Google Analytics/Data Studio implementation. This includes weekly/monthly reporting, setting up dashboards, and helping provide insights
- Work closely with other departments on integrated campaigns.
- Gain experience across various verticals including Retail, Education, and Real Estate.
We are looking for someone who resonates with the Major Tom values (you can find out more about these on our website!), who truly wants to make a difference, learn and have fun. This is an entry level role so I'm not looking for someone who has experience in all these areas, however, passion and genuine interest is important.
What We're Looking For:
- 1-2 years working in a paid search, paid social, and or display marketing capacity
- Knowledge and in-depth experience with retargeting and remarketing
- Experience in the Google Ads platform (Search, Display, Shopping, Video, Remarketing)
- Experience working with Microsoft Ads, Google Analytics, and running Facebook/Instagram paid campaigns
- Solid understanding of KPIs for different campaign types and channels
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and writing
- Comfortable with reports and analyzing data
- Comfortable with making optimizations and recommendations based off reports/data
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization
What We're Looking For:
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
- Media buying/planning including use of third party research tools
- Programmatic experience (DV360)
- Amazon Ads experience
Some of the Benefits & Perks You'll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it.
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals.
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency.
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it's done.
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Whilst this posting location states Halifax, we are open to applicants across Canada! We are working remotely and don't have plans to mandate a return to office policy. For applicants based in Vancouver, we have a beautiful office space available downtown for those who want a break from working at home.