Duties and Responsibilities :
Iconix has an immediate opening for an Inside Sales Representative in our Langley branch. The Inside Sales Representative works cooperatively with Outside Sales and other members of the Iconix Waterworks team to grow our municipal, industrial and waterworks sales by providing our customers with product information, price quotes, processing and completing orders, and efficient delivery of product.
- Provide moderate technical support and services to customers.
- Discuss product requirements and expectations with customers and recommend specific products and solutions.
- Recommends alternate products based on customers budget/cost, availability or specifications.
- Presents projected pricing, credit and terms in accordance with Iconix policies and procedures and customer's profile.
- Proactively provide product information and recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability and generate leads. Additionally increases sales by cross-selling, up-selling, and offering promotional sale items.
- Educate customers about features and benefits of Iconix service and products.
- Process customer order and performs order data entry.
- Provide daily quotations/bid/letters.
- Assist technical outside sales representatives in daily office duties, answering incoming inquiries, maintain flow of communication, continue to build customer relations and interact with all departments to enhance pump sales company wide.
- Order product for customer based on purchase order.
- Assist in general sales and marketing initiatives as required.
- Follow-up with warehouse, vendors, and delivery to ensure customer receives the correct product on time.
- Resolve customer's questions and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in all other duties as assigned.
- Assists in Warehouse, shipping and receiving.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
This position requires the ability to perform physical duties such as lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, climbing (heights), standing the majority of the day, and walking. Also operates forklift and pallet truck and uses a ladder.Qualifications :
- Demonstrable knowledge of waterworks/construction type products and materials.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Basic math skills for invoicing.
- Ability to speak clearly and understandably on the telephone.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail and accuracy to process orders.
- Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written instructions.
- Computer skills; ability to retrieve and enter data, use Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to work with difficult customers and resolve problems and issues.
Application Expiry Date:
This position will remain open until filled.Overview :
ICONIX is a leading independent waterworks partner who offers an agile, expert team of trusted, technical problem solvers, providing reliable access to innovative products and services for businesses and communities across North America that depend on essential infrastructure. We're building a community of brilliant problem solvers. This is a place where you will be empowered to do your best work. We need real-time problem solvers like you to join our team.
ICONIX is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
ICONIX Waterworks is proud to be part of the Deschênes Group, which has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 11 straight years. This great result is only made possible by the commitment of all employees within the Deschênes Group, which has been a Platinum Member, the highest level of recognition that can be achieved within this awards program, since 2015.
***ICONIX employees must apply via our internal portal***