- Senior Marketing Manager
525 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada Req #22
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
As one of Calgary's leading, independent, full-service law firms, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP ("BD&P") has a longstanding reputation for practicing law at the highest level and working on some of the most complex and interesting files in Canada. BD&P thrives on the belief that every member of the firm forms an integral part in the delivery of service to clients.
BD&P lawyers are fiercely independent and incredibly entrepreneurial. They are creative thinkers, and they have grit and determination. The firm has created a culture where hard work, out-of-the-box thinking and initiative is encouraged and rewarded.
BD&P has an inclusive culture where their people feel motivated to bring their best to the workplace. We understand that diversity and inclusion result in better decision-making, more innovative problem solving, and enhanced creativity.
With a culture of collegiality, the firm encourages pursuits that go beyond the office, as we know that remarkable people have passions beyond their profession. The diverse activities pursued by the firm's partners, associates and staff bring an authentic kinetic energy to the firm.
Senior Marketing Manager
Chief Business Development Officer
Purpose of the role:
To support the Chief Business Development Officer in day-to-day and strategic marketing and business development ("BD") projects and initiatives in order to advance the overall goals of the team and the organization to grow the firm's top-line revenue through strategic marketing and BD activities.
Primary duties and responsibilities :
- Support the leadership and provide direction to the team on named projects, which could include the development of new marketing materials, sector overviews, media and social media, client events etc.;
- Lead and manage pitches, develop material including custom pitches and RFP responses, including:
- Prepare briefing documents for pitch meetings and provide lawyers with input on pitch strategy;
- Propose creative pricing or value-add strategies for improving change of BD success; and
- Analyze and disseminate knowledge gained through pitching outcomes;
- Execute on conference strategy, including marketing approach, prioritization and work with lawyers;
- Create content that supports the firm message and promotes the lawyers as thought-leaders;
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our firm (including blog posts, whitepapers, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.);
- Build and manage social media strategy;
- Audit and improve use of CRM to drive intelligence to generate and distribute marketing leads;
- Conduct data analysis to inform strategic decisions;
- Connect with influencers including media, writers and community leaders to promote BD&P;
- Help to develop and execute on Account Based Marketing strategies for key accounts;
- Support client facing strategy including:
- Identify opportunities to expand the range of services to existing clients; and
- Identify firm practice areas and lawyers for specific BD cross-selling functions;
- Provide relationship intelligence across the firm's target industries/markets and identify potential new clients and revenue growth opportunities with existing clients;
- Work with lawyers to execute against target list in key sectors;
- Coach and support the development of the Marketing and Communications team;
- Support and provide backup for the Chief Business Development Officer; and
- Other duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in business, commerce, or related discipline an asset;
- Minimum 7 years' experience in marketing and communications in a corporate setting, preferably professional services;
- Marketing experience including communications, brand and media;
- Experience leading and coaching team members; and
- Experience working against and achieving targets.
- High standards: Driven to achieve consistent improvement and increased efficiency. Is attentive to detail, resulting in exceptional quality of work;
- Problem solving and decision making: Ability to identify problems, find creative solutions, and act decisively with good judgement;
- Initiative and assertiveness: Readily offers opinions and takes action. Thinks proactively and acts constructively without prompting;
- Organization: Effective at planning ahead, organizing, and prioritizing to maintain multiple tasks;
- Drive/Energy: Has the stamina and endurance to maintain productivity during busy periods;
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve firm objectives and goals;
- Demonstrates flexibility: Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, readily adapting to on-going changes;
- Communicates effectively: Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization; and
- Focuses on results: Commitment to setting and achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or firm goals.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this position?
Are you the right fit with our team?
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.