Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments) is a global investment organization working to help ensure the Canada Pension Plan will be there for future generations. We are committed to keeping our stakeholders informed about our mandate, our investing convictions and activities.
Accountability and transparency are the foundations upon which we build and protect CPP Investments' reputation as a prudent, sophisticated global institutional investor. We are seeking a communications professional to join our organization as Manager, Communications, based in Toronto, Canada on an 18-month contract.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, in Toronto, and working closely with the entire Global Corporate Communications team who are located across Toronto, London and Hong Kong, the individual in this position will contribute to investment communications, financial reporting and media relations programs.
- Project management - Ability to manage long- medium- and short-term communications and financial reporting projects with a high degree of organization and attention to detail. Ensure flawless execution of materials development and announcements.
- Investment communications - Manage the planning of disclosure of transaction announcements, adhering to CPP Investments' robust disclosure protocol. Write, review and proof communications materials, as required. Disseminate company press releases via the newswire service.
- Financial reporting programs
- Lead the project management of the quarterly results, including developing and managing timelines, drafting the news release and other materials, and supporting the review process, including C-Suite. Manage the updates to corporate materials on a quarterly basis. Support the production of the annual report, including managing project timelines and select workstreams.
- Contribute to reputation management programs that enhance and protect CPP Investments' reputation, including maintenance of the database inventory for reputation risk assessments and production of quarterly reports. Conduct research to identify reputation considerations for global investment activities. Gather data and analyze challenges that emerge globally to assist in issues management activities.
- Communications professional with 5-7 years of related experience in a communications role.
- University degree, ideally in business, communications, media or an associated field of study.
- Strong project management skills to ensure the efficient, timely and best-in-class delivery of communications materials.
- Consistently deliver flawless and professional execution on all projects.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Detail- and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with PowerPoint.
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach who actively steps up to add value to the business.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Genuine desire to learn and develop skills specifically in financial and investment communications.
- Ability to work across three global locations (Toronto, London and Hong Kong).
- Able to work flexible hours outside of core office hours as required.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-PM1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.