- Marketing/Revenue Manager
Kamloops, BC, Canada Req #124
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Your company, your values, your career!
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our ambassadors.
Coast Hotels is pleased to share a career opportunity with Mundi Hotels. Mundi Hotels is an expanding hotel ownership group with their head office located in Kamloops, BC. They currently own and operate franchised hotels, 4 with Coast Hotels, 5 with other brands.
The Marketing/Revenue Manager role will be a hands-on position that will implement accurate loading and content to various PMS systems, online booking channels & marketing platforms with direction from the Regional Dir. Of Sales, Marketing & Revenue.
About the tasks:
- Initiating & building promotions & packages in PMS systems & communicating package details to all pertinent departments.
- Maintaining an open and efficient flow of information to and from all operating departments within the hotels around promotions, packaging & internal requirements. (ie. advising them of upcoming promotions and their inclusions)
- Monitor and report on packages and promotions results during campaigns on a weekly basis and final results
- Creating new rates in the PMS systems and managing the rate changes based on market conditions
- Creating reports indicating revenue performance and booking patterns
- Liaising with the sales teams, front desk at the properties and brand head office teams to complete tasks.
- Continuous review of distribution systems, ensuring we are selling correctly on all platforms which includes online travel agencies (OTA's), such as Expedia & Booking.com
- Ensuring content on all online platforms is appealing and accurate (brand.com, OTA's, Meta sites such as TripAdvisor/Trivago/Google My Business)
- Monitor occupancies and track black out dates to communicate within upcoming promotions/tour blackout dates
- Accurately track hotel revenue & maintain historical data in data sheets provided by Regional Dir Sales, Mktg, Rev
- monitor competitor performance and rates
- Creating appealing and concise desktop publishing content for digital or print adverts.
- Keep two Mundi websites current and continuously improving
- Work with web support in brand head office(s) to create targeted & engaging eblast and webpages that sell.
- Assist in revenue management projects & stay share additional revenue opportunities you see in the markets
- Lead RFP season including creating rate plans in RFP platforms, and responding to RFP's in those platforms.
- Act as the Corporate FIT contact for CKH to work with individuals to set up annual corporate rates, create corporate rate agreements, once signed submit to Head office to put in place. Monitor production quarterly and touch base with client.
- Perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by the Regional Director of Sales, Marketing & Revenue.
The right person:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems, particularly hotel PMS, online travel agency portals and Excel.
- Creative thinker who is highly organized with the ability to effectively multi-task & coordinate multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional & professional communication skills (English language
- verbal and written) with strong attention to detail
- Competent mathematical skills
- Ability to build campaigns, write strong ads focusing on portraying the brand, plus manage campaigns on a day-to-day basis on multiple platforms.
- Experience or strong interest to learn from Google Analytics & landing page optimization, utilizing SEO
- Experience with advertising on social platforms like Facebook, TripAdvisor, and Instagram.
- Strong desktop publishing experience ideally with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop.
- Experience creating display advertising.
- Marketing degree, diploma, or equivalent experience would be beneficial.
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and competitive.
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Interacts/Communicates with fellow ambassadors and online suppliers.
- Hotel/Office environment in Kamloops (not a remote work position)
- Salaried role, 40 hours weekly with ability to engage after hours when necessary, to maintain optimal rate management or close out rates at the end of a special.
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !