Job Description :
Position: Communications Coordinator
- Full Time
File #: 2021-21751
Status: Permanent Full Time
Role Level: Entry level/ Junior
Reporting To: Director, Communications and Public Affairs
Department : Communications and Public Affairs
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: Primarily Days: Monday
Posted: June 4, 2021
Internal Deadline: June 11, 2021
The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
At Trillium Health Partners (THP) we are committed to delivering a new kind of health care for a healthier community. To achieve this, we are working to connect more than ever before to our patients and families, our partners in the delivery of health care and to one another
- all 12,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, and students who work here at Trillium Health Partners.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of high quality, internal and external strategic communications programs in support of the organization's strategic goals and priorities.
The Communications Coordinator is a creative and strategic individual who has familiarity with a broad range of communications tactics including event management, social and digital media. An organized individual with great attention to detail, the Communications Coordinator will support, facilitate and coordinate the Communications and Public Affairs department in providing expert delivery of strategic communication services both within the organization and externally. The ideal candidate for this position will also be an exceptional writer who can translate complex and technical information into clear and concise communications.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in the creation and development of a wide range of communication materials including newsletter articles, press releases, briefing notes, speaking notes, corporate memos and PowerPoint presentations for various internal and external communication initiatives.
- Support for the Communications and Public Affairs team by facilitating the organization and implementation of processes and procedures to ensure the operational efficiency of the department
- Project manage Communications and Public Affairs team deliverables
- Track and coordinate communications activities throughout the organization, includes liaising with other departments to determine their communications activities
- Coordinate the development of event logistics to successfully execute large internal and external events.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
University and/or college degree in communications, public relations or journalism
- Strong writing, editing and production skills
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including, senior leaders, clinical and operational program leader and front line staff, volunteers, media, government and community partners
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to manage and respond to issues, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- Experience in a health care environment is an asset
Position Location and Travel:
Travel among the three main sites of Trillium Health Partners
- The Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre
- will be required.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.