The Officer, Sales & Marketing Analysis supports the Manager, Sales Effectiveness in the analysis, research, design, development, implementation and monitoring of the Sales process across all Sales channels from go-to-market strategy to execution. The Officer supports the Manager in providing the National Sales team with processes, standards, reports, analysis, and tools enabling effective management with the objective of improving the Corporation's win rate and maximizing Sales revenues and profitability.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Officer, Sales & Marketing Analysis:
Under direction of the Manager, provides analytics and assists in implementing the take-to-company relating to various Sales strategies and processes.
Creates, documents, implements and updates the necessary enablement tools using data from multiple systems for the purpose of supporting Sales processes, which include sales incentive and activity KPI reporting. Designs, writes, tests and implements various program applications via corporately approved databases and spreadsheets.?
Provides the necessary analytics and performance reporting required to actively monitor various Sales processes in order to ensure that they are functioning as designed.
Prepares analysis and assists in implementing programs relating to the Generic Contract monitoring process, including multiple downgrade programs annually, in order to achieve contract performance KPI's.
Works with corporate teams including Finance, Marketing and Lines of Business to ensure consistency in terms of data and related analytics.
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in Finance, Commerce or a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- Progression towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Finance and/or Sales Operations, specifically in a financial analysis and planning role
Other Candidate Requirements
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Access & Excel
- Sound analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good oral and written communication skills
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Develops, monitors, maintains and fine-tunes databases utilized for Sales Planning, Process and Analysis through a systematic approach to data collection, merging and file design and preparation through integration with Finance, Marketing and the Line of Business.
Supports ad hoc sales enablement projects designed to improve the Sales process resulting in revenue maximization.
Maintains a current knowledge of CPC Corporate Business Plans as well as Sales and Marketing strategies to deliver on corporate goals and objectives.
Prepares analysis and provides insight to the Manager regarding compliance to corporate governance; reports on customized proposals and the commercial customer contract process for financial reporting; reviews inquiries and provides guidance to the Manager on requirements from the Office of the Auditor General and Canada Post's Internal Audit group.
Participates in business continuity activities including the development of training and development material, representing the corporation at key meetings, the coordination of any contract work, and replacing the manager in any urgent duties.
One year term position with possibility of extension or permanency.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada's diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
- A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
- An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
- A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
- A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
- A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post's corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
- We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
- We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
- We treat each other with fairness and respect.
- We act responsibly and with integrity.
- We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.