Job Description :
Supervisor, Strategic Communications
We are seeking a communications professional who will lead a team of staff currently supporting the Region of Peel's Public Health
- Mass Vaccination Planning campaign.
If you thrive working within a fast-paced team environment where collaboration, creative thinking and dedication are supported and valued, this is the leadership opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Build and manage relationships with designated internal partners through providing strategic communication consultation and advice to departmental management teams and monitoring client satisfaction with the support provided by the team.
- Lead a team of communications professionals in managing the Region's reputation in the areas of strategic communication consultation and advice, integrated communications (including marketing communications and public awareness campaigns), issues management, and crisis communications.
- Develop long-term communication plans through the use of issues management, annual communication plans aligned with allocated budgets, historical data and anticipated project work.
- Develop resource plans, monitor activities, and prioritize work to ensure efficient and effective development and implementation of successful communication campaigns and projects.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that supports dynamic and innovative communication solutions.
- Ensure that program strategies align with goals and objectives of the Region of Peel and plans for resources to support program needs.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Identify ways to increase the effectiveness of business tools and resources such as processes and policies that support Communications.
What we require:
- A university degree, or college diploma, in journalism, public relations, or marketing combined with communication experience in corporate communications.
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a communications professional and experience in people management with a proven ability to motivate, engage and influence others.
- Knowledge of problem definition methodologies and a thorough knowledge of communication principles; strong understanding of strategic communication planning.
- Advanced project management skills with a proven ability to manage large communications plans with a number of interrelated sub-projects; excellent writing, editing and verbal skills; media relations expertise and experience.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships, manage on-going change, and cultivate customer orientation.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Location: Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton ON
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 35 Hours per week; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region's ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.About Us :
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is ?Community for Life.? Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
Additional Information :
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant's responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.