Position Summary: Regional Sales Manager
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) features innovative analytics, from Lab to Line to Field. The business serves a wide breath of industrial markets including pharmaceutical, food and beverage, environmental, process minerals, mining, coal, cement and metals, as well as academic, government, safety, and security.
The Regional Sales Manager
will work with our customers to meet and exceed territory product sales targets and to position Thermo Fisher's mineral market strategic plans within appropriate accounts.
Based remotely in Vancouver, Toronto, Phoenix, or Denver.
What will you do?
- Knowledge and understanding of mineral processing (grinding, flotation, engineering) and the application of on-line instrumentation for process control.
- Knowledge and application of statistically correct sampling systems for process control and metallurgical accounting in mineral processing plants.
- Knowledge & application of sensors into pre-concentration plants (desirable).
- Knowledge of the various phases of mining project feasibility studies and construction.
- Provide input to the development of the annual mineral market strategic plans in relation to market information, industry trends, market analytics and the like.
- Meet and exceed territory product sales bookings Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets.
- Drive to increase market share in the nominated territory year on year.
- Develop a rapport with existing and prospective customers and industry bodies and drive new business opportunities.
- Develop specific sales leads. This will involve telephonic and electronic communication along with regular visits to customer's sites.
- In conjunction with the Sales manager determine winning sales strategies for each sale.
- Sell product support agreements (PSA) with new equipment sales wherever possible.
- Liaise with customers and internal personnel to ensure the best outcomes for the customer in terms of sales, service and support.
- Develop general sales network in the market area. This includes development of:
- Representatives where applicable;
- End User contacts;
- Engineering companies;
- General support of existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Develop new markets for products.
- Drive continuous improvement by feeding back product performance and customer perceptions of our products and services (including documentation) to the company. Positive as well as negative feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering, metallurgy or scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years successful history of capital sales experience, especially in the minerals processing industry.
- Operational experience in minerals processing desirable.
- Relating independent product offerings into an integrated solution sale that offers the highest value proposition to the customer.
- Demonstrated sales leadership based on intellectual and personal integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective oral, and written presentations.
- Highly effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with proven ability to successfully interact with potential customers.
- Ability to close business and win Purchase orders.
- Ability to manage and organize national and international travel.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to achieve deadlines (e.g., tender submissions).
- Proficient user/experience with a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Proficient user of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.