Eataly is the world's largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme
- but all with the same aim... for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team's product knowledge
The Marketing Generalist provides support to the Marketing Manager in the creation, organization, execution and supervision of strategies and campaigns to drive store sales and traffic, promote products, and continue to develop Eataly as a leader in the food industry.
Reports to the Marketing Manager and supervises members of the Marketing Team.
- Strategizes creatively with the Marketing team to develop and execute 360-day Marketing/Communications plans through store events and programs, media, community partnerships and promotions around Eataly's products and services
- Manages and develops key community and marketing business relationships with external partners
- Manages Events & Educations associates, including scheduling, training, coaching and progressive discipline
- Manages and creates content for digital channels and e-commerce, including photos and copy
- Acts as liaison between Marketing and Guest Relations department
- Directs all e-communication (newsletters) in conjunction with PR & Communications lead
- Assists Marketing Manager with in-store and external events, community partnerships, and overall store positioning
- Provide support in the graphics department, including but not limited to photoshoots, in-store signage, and online and print media and store displays
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 4+ years of experience in a marketing position
- Experience managing people in a diverse, fast-paced retail or restaurant environment
- Knowledge of and contacts in the food industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of and passion for Italian culture, food and drink preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule sometimes including nights and weekends
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds. Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly's policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.