Allocadia is a venture backed software company located in downtown Vancouver, BC. As leaders in Marketing Performance Management (MPM), we help marketers build plans, manage investments, and measure results and business impact. To date, more than $25 billion in global marketing budget dollars is managed through our award-winning platform by over 16,000 marketers globally, demonstrating the rapid growth and adoption of MPM by organizations.
As Allocadia's Director of Content Marketing, you'll play a critical role on our highly collaborative marketing team. Content is a key component of our marketing strategy: fuelling our demand generation activities and supporting our customer acquisition and growth. We want you to lead our content marketing efforts by delivering fresh, compelling, and meaningful content that supports our target personas at every stage of the buyer and customer journeys.
You're obsessive about delivering great work-strong content to the right audiences-and above all, you care that content supports our pipeline goals.
You love working with customers and helping them tell their success stories in a variety of formats: case studies, interviews, videos, and web pages.
You're happy to engage both in strategic planning and hands-on editing.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work and why.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and social promotion.
- Leveraging market data and our own research to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets to educate prospects and customers.
- Turning content into leads. You're comfortable tracking content results, identifying insights, and modifying plans to drive even more leads in the future.
- Writing and editing (personally and through the content team) engaging and compelling content to support a variety of initiatives and campaigns. You're confident creating content in a variety of formats such as web pages, ebooks, reports, videos, blog posts, press releases, and presentations.
- Coaching and guiding a small internal team and managing freelance writers as needed. You're quick to provide actionable direction and edits, so your team is empowered to continually learn and hone their skills.
- Managing Allocadia's public relations through press releases, byline articles, and award applications, and leveraging the program to merge brand awareness with driving pipeline.
- Efficiently managing the content program budget within the Allocadia software, and utilizing the ROI reports to drive strategic content investment decisions.
- 10+ years of related experience in content marketing for B2B technology companies.
- A bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, PR, or Marketing is preferred, but we appreciate great storytellers can come from different paths.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and driving content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to engage diverse audiences and advance business goals.
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills with a demonstrated ability to develop powerful value proposition stories and intuitively understanding how the audience wants to consume content.
- Experience and a passion in helping your direct reports do career-defining work and developing their skills and careers.
- We understand not everyone has to be a grammar nerd to be a great content leader, but you have a strong spelling and grammar base.
- Extremely strong organizational and project management skills that you utilize to smoothly manage multiple projects, drafts, writers, reviewers, and deadlines.
- Solid grasp of inbound marketing and content marketing.
- Experience working with SEO agencies to ensure content is fuelling SEO efforts and basic understanding of SEO to understand how to optimize web content.
- Experience with WordPress is a bonus.
What it's like to work here:
- We are guided by our core values: #RunTogether, #RunHard, #RunSmart, #RunCreatively and #RunHealthy
- We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity drives our success which helps us create the best experiences for our customers
- Performance driven culture with an opportunity to work with passionate people who are goal-oriented and are aligned to building a world class SaaS company
- Collaborative, fun work environment, where laughing and learning go together
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off including extra time designated by the company throughout the year
- Annual allowance in support of your Professional Development