Social Media Coordinator (Clg)
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #1127
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Division: News & Information
Work Status: Full Time
Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment, has an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Coordinator to join its award-winning news team. This position is based in Calgary.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, Digital, the successful candidate will participate in social strategies for our Global News social media accounts and optimize them with our best content. The successful candidate will be required to work primarily weekdays, with weekend and evening work as required by our dynamic news environment. If you have a positive attitude and a passion for social media, then the most innovative news organization in Canada wants to hear from you!
About the Role
You will execute best-in-class, data-driven social media strategies for our Global News social media accounts. Immersed in all things news, you are on the pulse of what's trending locally, provincially, nationally and abroad. You're familiar with the stories that will resonate with our audience and have the skills to spark conversations on the social media platforms we participate in.
You have a passion for media, radio, content and social, and enjoy creating, building and being part of a dynamic team and industry. You will work closely with our online and broadcast teams on developing stand-out social content to attract audiences to a news brand they can trust.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Assist the team of online managing editors, online journalists, online video producers, and news leaders to promote the top stories of the day on our social media accounts.
- Ensure our social media content reflects our online and editorial standards.
- Schedule and publish cutting-edge content (photo, video and copy).
- Monitor real-time social media platform performance and work with online staff to optimize content.
- Moderate our social media accounts to ensure the conversations are constructive
- Monitor wires and social media for stories and breaking news
- Assist with breaking news by identifying and chasing social media posts
- Assist with research to identify and track fluctuating social trends
- what's working and not working to evolve our social media policy as required as directed by the Digital Managing Editor.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly performance goals and report to various stakeholders. Keep abreast of evolving industry trends and developments.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in a newsroom environment or related field.
- Degree or diploma in Journalism recommended
- An understanding and experience with social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, effectively, and cooperatively to tight deadlines in a complex team environment.
- An amazing attitude that will engage and motivate teams by living into the Corus values to Win Together, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day, Think Beyond and Show We Care.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now.'
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before we can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. Please ensure you notify your manager before applying to this role.
02-Media/Communications Creative & Design