We are Crestview Strategy, a public affairs agency. You are an up-and-coming communications strategist.
Based out of our offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary, we are a national firm serving clients in every part of Canada.
We work with some of the largest companies in the world on a variety of interesting and complicated public affairs mandates and issues. We are looking for a talented, motivated professional eager to take up a new public affairs and communications challenge.
You are a communications professional with experience working in an agency or within an in-house communications team. You have experience supporting clients or your organization through media relations support, drafting high quality communications materials and managing fast-paced projects. We look for a diverse range of life and work experience, a keen interest in developing new business pursuits and the ability to service clients across a wide variety of sectors as part of our dynamic and growing team.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate or lead diverse client accounts, program manage new or existing communication plans, and support in the onboarding of new clients. You will have the exciting opportunity to share in revenue you help generate and grow your career with us.
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of two years of client consulting and / or in-house experience in public affairs, corporate communications or public relations. Agency experience is preferred.
- One year or more supporting the execution of large multi-faceted communications programs.
- Exceptional writing skills and experience producing high quality client-ready products such as press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and briefing notes.
- Understanding and experience executing and / or overseeing intensive media monitoring function and familiarity with tools such as Meltwater and Cision.
- Experience supporting business development through research and proposal preparation support are considered an asset, the desire to work on business development activities is a must.
- Educational background in communications, journalism, public relations, political science, marketing or other related field.
- Understanding of the Canadian media landscape and experience conducting comprehensive media monitoring, reporting and analysis. Experience in working directly with media and / or influencers is an asset.
- Experience executing social media campaigns and programs and understanding of using social media channels to meet client communication objectives. Knowledge of social media management tools and editing software is an asset.
- Understanding of the political landscape is an asset.
- Knowledge of French or other languages is an asset.
This position is based out of our office in downtown Toronto and will involve travel when needed. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when it is safe to do so.
Job Type: Full-time
At Crestview Strategy, we welcome diverse and innovative thinking, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you thrive for opportunity and growth in a dynamic environment, and are passionate about civic engagement, we would love to hear from you!
Crestview Strategy thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time