This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a high performing, growing team that's making public sector budgeting easier, smarter and more transparent.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team to help enrich our website with new blog posts, guides, and marketing copy.
Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on govtech, B2G industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication.
Ultimately, you'll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to government audience of grant administrators, grant writers, financial professionals while helping to attract new customers, write success stories for current customers, boost brand awareness, and empower sales team.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems and be able to analyze content performance (Hubspot experience is a plus)
- Draft, proofread, and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design colleagues to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Proactively identify customers' needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, copywriter or similar role (5+ years)
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Experience writing for govtech, B2G companies/audiences preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Hubspot, WordPress)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- BA or BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely, and none are engaging in travel.
- Competitive salary with commission bonus plan
- Full and comprehensive benefit plan, with RSP matching program
- Work life balance
- Casual, fun work environment
- Frequent social events and celebrations
Questica is the recognized leader in budgeting and performance management software. Hundreds of government agencies, K-12 schools, universities, colleges, hospitals, healthcare facilities and non-profit organizations throughout North America have opted for smarter planning, budgeting, management, transparency, sharing and engagement using our budget, performance and data visualization solutions.
We are a well-established entrepreneurial company of 100-plus employees, offering a modern, state-of-the-art workplace in Oakville, Ontario. With a focus on distinct and best-of-breed software development and implementation along with exceptional customer service.
Questica is part of the GTY Technology group of companies (NASDAQ: GTYH). A GovTech100 Company. GTY is a leading provider of SaaS/Cloud solutions for the public sector. Through its six subsidiaries, GTY offers an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments spanning functions in procurement, payments, grant management, budgeting, and permitting.