In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at Island Health; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Sourcing and Orientation Manager, this position provides leadership and subject matter expertise in recommending and implementing cost effective recruitment marketing/advertising to Island Health hiring leaders. This role assists and leads the development and production of a diverse range of recruitment- specific advertising, promotional material and engagement activities through web, social media, and print.
This role also provides authorship and approval for content posted on Island Health's careers section of the public website and HR/Recruitment Intranet web pages. Acts as a key resource for HR staff working on web content with the goal of achieving a positive web experiences for end users and a positive image for Island Health.
The Coordinator works with a diverse group of key stakeholders, including senior leaders, hiring leads, web communications, professional associations, advertising agencies and Human Resources staff.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Communications, Marketing or Public Relations with three years' recent related experience in recruitment advertising, web-based and social media communications, including experience with web-based content management systems.
Experience in health-care recruitment, desktop publishing/graphic design, SharePoint, and web and social analytics tools an asset.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines, often with short turn-around times and changing priorities, while remaining customer-focused.
- Strong research skills with a keen awareness of best practices, and social media strategies, job market and recruitment trends, challenges, potential opportunities and marketing as it pertains to recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, produce, implement and evaluate a broad range of strategic and cost-effective recruitment advertising plans for multiple projects utilizing a variety of publishing software tools.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with leaders at all levels of the organization and demonstrated professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially copywriting and converting existing material into suitable content for web-based and print media.
- Superior spelling and grammar skills, and ability to proofread and edit advertising and web pages.
- Data management and reporting skills to support the tracking, reporting and analysis of recruitment advertising efforts, including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based content management systems and social media platforms.
- A creative eye for designing recruitment materials and ads, including intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to identify and research innovative and creative recruitment sourcing methods.
- Ability to understand market trends and competitor strategies.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, work independently.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.