You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible
- and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As marketers at one of the most iconic brands in the world, we play a major role in building authentic relationships with customers who impact life and business around the world. Here, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data-based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers, you can have a breadth of different marketing experiences and do virtually anything from connecting small businesses to new customers to uncovering insights that inspire the future of payments. Create a dynamic career while doing work that matters for people and businesses everywhere.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Achieve Penetration and Sales Productivity Targets within Existing Customer Base
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customers and executive sponsors
- Implement expansions/cross Sells
- Deepen existing commercial relationships and develop day to day level and senior level contacts at accounts
- Use Amex global capabilities to stimulate spending, drive increased share of wallet
- Improve premium value delivery to the accounts to minimize MDR erosion and enable ?value recapture?
- Track changes in the market associated to the industry of the accounts and alliances
- Work closely with all American Express business units, supporting existing initiatives and identifying / driving new Blue Box business opportunities
Global Merchant Marketing & Analytics team is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing & Analytics is responsible for partnering with GMS (Global Merchant Services) markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
As the Manager, Merchant Marketing Consultancy, Canada, you will be responsible for leading the development and management of external partnerships for Amex Offers. Amex Offers is a state-of-the-art Offers platform which aims to deliver differentiated value to our both our Cardmembers and merchants to drive engagement and spend. In addition, this person will also lead the Custom POP strategy with strategic merchants, to drive the perception of coverage in the market. Another key portfolio will be to drive the engagement of aggregator merchants in Amex Offers
This is an Individual Contributor role. This person will be an integral member of a dynamic team of marketing consultants charged with innovating, transforming and energizing value and relevancy that will drive step-change and sustainable growth for Amex. The successful candidate will bring a strong customer first mindset along with a proven ability to collaborate and drive results among a diverse stakeholder group, providing an insights-driven strategic thought leadership through marketing excellence, operating as trusted market consultants to differentiate our network and support GMS Canada to achieve its business priorities. The incumbent will be responsible to deliver key measurable business metrics such as driving merchant satisfaction, merchant and cardmember engagement (unique redeemers, merchant funded offer metrics as measurement)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Successfully develop and manage partnership programs with strategic global and national merchants, and aggregator merchants to deepen marketing partnership and engagement
- Lead Custom POP strategy with strategic merchants to drive perception of coverage
- Partner and collaborate with Client Management organization and Issuing teams to provide local marketing consultancy and support to the portfolio of merchants.
- Validated experience in handling large account relationships
- Proven ability to communicate, present to and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven track record to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University Degree or equivalent combination of education and business experience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.