We are on the lookout for a Technical Writer who will own and drive the delivery of manuals and supporting documentation whilst strongly collaborating with our Development team. We want someone who can hit the ground running in bringing our documentation and support resources into line with our innovative products.
TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world's most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical technology. The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that began with the design, manufacture and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling and mining industries. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food.
Be responsible for the immediate delivery of results of well executed manuals and supporting documentation.
- Create technical documentation and support material
- Prepare graphics, photos and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Perform technical copywriting, copy editing, and document formatting on all documentation
- Manage and maintain documentation storage and version control
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Meet with subject matter experts to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Revises, edits or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional team members to gather full scope of work up front and as needed during the project.
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in preparing documentation
- Ability to understand complex, technical concepts and explain these clearly and concisely.
- Computer literate (mid-advanced Microsoft office suite experience)
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Strength in planning, time management and project management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful global company who are in growth mode.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence.