Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people's lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work
- our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
We are seeking a talented, creative and driven Graphic Designer to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. An individual who thrives on maintaining responsibility for the design and visual aspects of each assignment, working closely across the Investment division. You will be part of the world's fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm market with an opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best in the industry in an open, collaborative culture of respect and professional growth.Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Graphic Designer is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Manage the design and layout of various marketing materials (flyers, surveys, brochures, sales advertisements, proposals, reception, invitations, Power Point presentations, etc.) in line with brand purpose and messaging
- Design and update marketing collateral according to brand standards (i.e. brochures, postcards, proposals & presentations)
- Provide creative and innovative approaches to marketing programs for various sales teams and service lines
- Manage and prepare email marketing campaigns using marketing automation platforms (Pardot and Buildout)
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and ever evolving real estate environment
- Be solution focused and able to provide creative results to unique challenges
- Other special projects as required or assigned
Administrative and Reception Duties (as required)
Provide administrative support to management and other staff
- Handle sensitive and highly confidential information
- Reception duties are minimal yet required for covering breaks and other duties:
- Prepare and review correspondence, reports and presentations Qualifications:
- Diploma or Post-Secondary education in Graphic Design or a minimum of 3 years' professional work experience as a Graphic Designer is required.
- Proficiency in the use of specific computer programs:
o Advanced knowledge of InDesign
o Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
o Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
o Experience using marketing automation platforms is preferred, but not required
Experience in the design/printing/publishing industry is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Recognized ability to work as a collaborative team member and provide support an individual or team
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple assignments and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving and ability to use discretion Our Equal Opportunity Commitment:
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!