Director, Sales & Marketing
The Director, Sales & Marketing (DS&M), leads a dynamic group of sales, catering, marketing and revenue team members. An important contributor, and key member, of the Executive Committee, the DS&M must be a creative, energetic and knowledgeable professional-who participates in all aspects of hotel, food and beverage and travel industry businesses. The incumbent is responsible for the management of the total Sales, Catering, Reservations, Marketing and overall revenue generating efforts within the Hotel.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Competitive benefit program, including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and an employee & family assistance program
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit!
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the General Managing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for establishing all sales quotas, calls, referrals and revenue objectives as outlined in the budget and quarterly action plans for sales managers.
- Leads the development and execution of strategies, tactics and actions plans and ensures individual booking goals are met for all members on the team.
- Administers bonus and incentive programs.
- Maintains open communication with global sales and Americas region corporate sales and marketing office colleagues.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and analyses external reports and resources to establish hotel's market position (Ex: STR report, competitive shopping report, etc.). Collaborates with Director of Revenue Management on preparing timely and accurate forecasts.
- Identifies opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and creates value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Prepares and administers hotel's budget and marketing plan to achieve total hotel revenue goals.
- Provides customer intelligence and evaluation of market & economic trends and adapts sales strategy to meet/exceed customer expectations, generates increased revenue and ensures competitive position in our marketplace. Communicates changes and potential revenue opportunities to leadership team.
- Ensures follow-up and actions plans to build guest satisfaction, colleague engagement, RevPAR and Six Simple Sales Standards results.
- Demonstrates knowledge in revenue management, ensuring revenues/yields are achieved
- Oversees SEM/SEO initiatives and the management of all online profiles including brand.com, OTA, wholesale and all other key sites.
- Coach leaders of revenue-generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive financial performance.
- ?Hires the Best? for the property-based sales and marketing leadership team and provides on-going coaching, training and action plans to promote development of managers and their direct reports.
- Supports team in managing wages and controllable expenses, such as advertising, promotions, travel expenses, operating supplies, etc.
- Identifies and develops marketing communication activities, analyses marketing opportunities, develops and executes creation and distribution of collateral (photos, print, direct mail, web pages, etc.) to support marketing/advertising.
- Works with public relations and programming managers to identify opportunities for marketing communication strategies, to ensure maximum results from combined sales and public relations activities and to co-ordinate activities and campaigns
- Develops strong partnerships with local and external organizations to further brand/product awareness and advises brand and regional teams of brand growth opportunities.
- Takes an active role in regional tourism organizations and participates in sales activities both on and off-property.
- Assumes roles and responsibilities of Sales Manager, or above, based on immediate needs during periods of high demand or position vacancies, including:
- Booking group, tour or transient business originating from individual and team booking goals.
- Day-to-day duties of prospecting accounts, account development, site inspections and proper Opera account management practices, etc. for individual and team achievement.
- Active in developing new business and maintain accurate records of potential customers and follow through on all potential business.
- Utilize Opera Sales System to track, solicit, book and follow-up accounts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Participate in sites, familiarization tours (fams), industry trade shows and sales trips as required.
- Participate in prescribed training and special projects to support property and Accor initiatives.
- Plan and lead bi-monthly sales meetings as assigned.
- Approve all group contracts and their terms in compliance with Fairmont standards.
Your experience and skills include:
- Creative in all aspects of leadership and sales.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to inspire a team of sales and markeint professionals, providing strong professional and emotional support.
- Experience in luxury hotel(s) in urban/city-center destination(s).
- Able to operate in complex environment and balance varied goals simultaneiously.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of hotel sales, marketing, public relations, distribution and analytics.
- Able to build and/or maintain an organized, disciplined and effective sales organization.
- PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Hotel Management Degree or Diploma
- Hotel Sales experience of which at least 2 years has been in a "Director" level..
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in advertising and promotional activities.
- Computer literacy required including ability to understand and interpret financial date.
- Highly energetic with demonstrated exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Must be a creative and effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources and administrative skills.
Your team and working environment:
Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS