Ready to be part of the great GardaWorld team?
GardaWorld is currently looking to add a new member to its Proposal Writers team for its Calgary office.
What we offer
- Permanent full-time position
- Groupe insurance and group RRSP
- Corporate discounts
- International company offering long-term carreer opportunities
What you will do
The Proposal Writer is responsible for supporting the proposal functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of GardaWorld. This position will be responsible for strategic content creation of business development deliverables, including requests for proposals (RFP), requests for information (RFI), requests for quotes/re-price (RFQs) while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism that GardaWorld has attained within the security industry.
The Proposal Writer will report to the National Manager, Sales Strategies, and work in close collaboration with our national team of proposal writers, and regional operations.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs;
- Work in collaboration with sales professionals and subject matter experts throughout the business to determine strategic approach including persuasive content;
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals
- Create high-quality and customized responses to requests for proposals and proofread content, ensuring accuracy and integrity of all proposal documentation
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and schedules for information gathering, writing, review, and obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Present escalating issues to manager in a timely manner
- Maintain quality results by using standardized templates; following proposal writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Improve proposal writing outcomes by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate material; implementing changes
- Organize and maintain electronic files on company platform and CRM
What we are looking for
- years of relevant experience in RFP response writing, corporate communications or similar functions in a business-to-business environment preferred
- Bachelor degree or DEC with equivalent experience
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented individual