Calgary, AB, Canada Req #18
Thursday, April 22, 2021
SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our Technology empowers teachers, students, and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs
- from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Channel Enablement, the role of the Channel Communications Specialist is to develop B2B communications and social programs to engage SMART's global Channel Partners (including governance, planning, project management and operations). The Channel Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting SMART's business objectives though the strategic use of owned and non-owned communication and social properties and relevant platforms.
The successful candidate is passionate about the way people and organizations connect with one another online, engaging in real conversations with SMART's Channel Partners and driving tangible business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop communication and social media strategy to engage SMART's global Channel Partners.
- Manage a rolling 12-month communication and social media roadmap and 3-month editorial calendar, incorporating content marketing, influencer marketing and community management on SMART-owned and public online channels.
- Contribute to the content marketing strategy and lead social media campaign planning, anticipating the needs of the business through regular communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams (marketing & sales) to ensure relevant, targeted, and consistent use of social media.
- Develop, manage and create content for a SMART blog directed to Channel Partners.
- Drive weekday posting to key social media sites, promoting thought leadership, product announcements, embedded use cases for products, and conversation.
- Engage with online communities across channels and platforms as an authorized representative of SMART Technologies.
- Work with teams to develop plan to regionalize content for global Channel Partners.
- Support Channel facing teams and channel partners with developing their Social Media presence.
- Develop and maintain awareness of education, AV and technology industry news and trends.
- Being charged with opportunity identification of new social channels and is required to consistently upgrade skills and complete opportunity assessments on social channels where customers are present.
- Develop and execute an internal and external communications strategy and plan.
- Develop and execute on a monthly editorial calendar to communicate SMART product updates, events, news and overall messaging for the company.
- Create integrated communications plans for SMART announcements affecting more than one region and/or considered company milestone, product launch, community initiative, partnership and others.
- Performing other duties as required
- At least two years' experience in a marketing or communications role with digital marketing and digital metrics responsibilities.
- Excellent written verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior communications, social media and blogging experience in B2B setting.
- Experience with social media management platforms.
- Ability to quickly learn SMART solutions and adapt to new technologies.
- Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; able to harmonize messages across channels with a creative eye for design
- Analytical ability to develop results against a KPI framework.
- Troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic and eager to get projects over the finish line.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with other teams to ensure proper alignment.
Education and work experience
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent job experience
- Experience working in a Channel/Reseller environment is an asset
- HubSpot and/or Hootsuite certification is an asset
- Able to travel as required
- Experience in the K-12 education market and/or the technology industry is an asset
- This position does not have any direct reports
- A valid passport is required
- The work environment is fast-paced, continually changing and challenging
- This is primarily an office position however occasional travel to off-site events and meetings may be required.
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business.
- Job Family UCE
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10