The Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies (OACAS) has represented Children's Aid Societies in Ontario since 1912, providing service in the areas of government relations, communications, information management, education and training to advocate for the protection and well-being of children.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Government and Stakeholder Relations, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Communications/GSR team in the development and implementation of OACAS communications designed for member agencies, government and other key stakeholders.Responsibilities :
- Supports the Communications/GSR department on a broad range of public relations and communications activities including the research, writing, editing, proofreading, basic design/ layout and distribution of the following:
- Briefing Notes/Issue notes
- Key Message packages
- News releases and media kits
- Member newsletters
- Website and social media posts
- Campaign and advocacy materials
- Government submissions
- Info sheets
- Media inquiries
- Speaking notes and presentation slide decks
- Event promotional materials
- Supports the regular maintenance of the OACAS website and ensures that information is up to date in both English and French
- Supports the team with the translation process, to ensure timely translation of materials
- Coordinates and works closely with graphic designers to support the development of Communications/GSR materials
- Monitors the OACAS social media platforms and supports the on-going development and implementation of a social media strategy
- Performs website and social media analytical reviews to develop and implement changes to optimize website and social media visibility, and drive campaign success
- Provides support for OACAS events (virtual or in-person)
- Performs other duties as assigned Qualifications:
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education in a related discipline (e.g. Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing)
- Minimum of 2 years of communications and marketing experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent knowledge of communications principles, practices and techniques
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, including knowledge of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, to draft and/or proofread issue notes, letters, memos, reports, media kits, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills through proven ability to organize workload, determine priorities and completion of tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative to proactively identify and resolve problems and issues
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact, discretion, judgment, poise)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in an environment that values equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new software and platforms (WordPress, Salesforce/Pardot, Zoom, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office)
- Competent in basic/intermediate layout and design for web and print materials
- Experience with basic maintenance of website content
- Willingness to be part of a team, assisting other team members to ensure an effective and efficient operation
- Proficiency in the use of teleconferencing and videoconferencing equipment
- Bilingual English/French
APPLY ONLINE at https://jobs-oacas.icims.com/jobs/intro by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Please attach a cover letter and resume in one file.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
OACAS is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or disability.
Accommodation at OACAS
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants are required to make any accommodation requests for the application, interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416 987-7725. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the interview or selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.