IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $256 billion in total assets under management as of May 31, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
The Employee Communications team at IGM Financial is responsible for planning and delivering engaging and strategic employee communications across the IGM Financial group of companies (Mackenzie Investments, IG Wealth Management and partners with Investment Planning Counsel) to help drive a fulfilling employee experience, culture and business performance. Success is achieved through optimizing internal digital channels through data-driven insights, advising and supporting Business Partners on new and fresh communications to enhance our talent brand and culture, and developing integrated CEO communication programs and events to engage employees in IGM's business success.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Employee Communications, and part of the IGM Human Resources team, the Digital Specialist, Employee Communications will work closely with the Intranet Manager to help to improve the employee experience with innovative, metrics-based and modern digital communication practices and tactics.
The Specialist role is an individual contributor, based in Toronto or Winnipeg (currently remote due to the pandemic).
Digital communications coordination:
- Coordinate, build and distribute digital communications such as weekly and monthly e-bulletins
- Provide support and guidance to employees on best use of internal digital tools (email platform)
- Provide support in publishing news articles and updating page content on SharePoint Intranet sites
- Assist in the coordination and development of the branded content, calendar planning and delivery for the digital boards
- Coordinate the collection, planning and file management of the employee image library for IGM and operating companies
- Design internal content items such as digital banners using brand style guides
- Assist in planning and UAT process for server migrations and functionality updates
Communication planning & coordination:
- Manage the administrative workflow process for team marketing and publishing requests (Workfront)
- Develop or support tactics including ideating new tools and formats for e-newsletter articles, Intranet content, videos and infographics
- Support department efficiencies and communication standards, including documenting and readily implementing optimized work processes, cross-team training and practices as needed for digital channels & processes
- Support employee communications programs as needed, including Employee and Leadership Forums including promotional communications and logistics
Education, Experience and Behavioural Competencies:
- Degree or College diploma/certification in digital communications; additional designation is an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in employee or corporate communicationsin an agency/conglomerate setting
- Proficient / broad knowledge in MS SharePoint and web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Proficient in MS Office 365, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe applications
- Broad knowledge with digital email/newsletter platforms
- Broad knowledge with design software for formatting pictures (Photoshop)
- Outstanding project and time management skills to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Innovative, able to work with changing technologies and introduce industry best practices
- Actively collaborates within a team, shares ideas, seeks opportunities to learn and continuously improve
- Strong project management skills, organized, ability to prioritize tasks, displaying a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- Seeking to develop, adhere to and optimize work processes and practices
- Responds well to changing priorities and circumstances, and demonstrates resilience and positivity when faced with disruptions or obstacles
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by June 27, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The career level for this position is P5.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 21-1297