Sales Demand Planning Manager
380 Riverside Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2S 7M4, Canada Req #401
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Silver Hills started in 1989 with a mission to Empower, Educate, and Inspire People to Live Healthier Lives. We believe investing in your own health is the greatest gift you can give someone because when you are healthy, you will have more to share. Joining our family means being part of a quickly growing community that is truly committed to delivering healthy, great tasting products that are made with care. The Silver Hills team gives you the opportunity to grow and contribute to a healthy and sustainable vision. If you are excited by the idea of sharing your passion for healthy and delicious food with like-minded individuals and bringing great tasting products to consumers across North America and beyond, we want to hear from you!
POSITION: Sales Demand Planning Manager REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
We are looking for a Sales Demand Planning Manager to join our Sales & Business Development team! This position will support the Director of Business Development and the Sales team by leading the sales demand planning process with the goal to develop accurate sales forecasts and effectively communicate these forecasts to the rest of the organization.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support our ongoing planning process by ensuring timely accurate forecasts are built and kept up to date, and by providing this information to various internal departments through effective reporting. You will have the opportunity to lead multiple projects from start to finish and grow with the company as we continue to expand! As a managerial role there will be opportunity for the addition of direct reports that will enhance effective input into sales forecasts.
HERE IS WHO YOU ARE...
DRIVE & MOTIVATION
You are passionate about healthy living and values which align with Silver Hills
You are a positive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment where 'change' is the constant
You enjoy working with numbers and discovering trends to help drive sales
You enjoy performing tasks that require a lot of organization, accuracy, and attention to details
CHARACTER & ABILITIES
- You are able to analyze trends and draw insights to more accurately predict the future volume requirements of the business
- You feel comfortable working independently and as part of a dynamic team
- You are analytical and detail-oriented and can generate and use accurate data to determine the best path forward
- You are able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism with every interaction
- You are able to multitask, stay organized, and effectively meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- You have exceptional communication skills with the expectation to lead regular sales team and supply chain discussions pertaining to forecasts internally and externally. Ultimately leading the development and execution of a S&OP process within our organization.
- You have excellent project management and execution skills
- You have excellent proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel (including Pivot tables)
- You are able to create effective presentations, including spreadsheets, tables, charts, that clearly illustrates your forecast summaries and relevant KPIs. You are able to effectively challenge and communicate opportunities to various levels of the organization
- You have a strong understanding of the forecasting and demand planning process within a manufacturing/sales organization
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience working in a customer-focused environment
- You have a Degree/Diploma in Business or related field
- You have experience building effective alliance with both internal and external teams
- Experience in a demand planning and/or trade spend management systems
- Experience with Exceedra
- Experience in the CPG and/or manufacturing industry
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
THINGS YOU WILL DO...
- Work with the sales team, customers, and distributors to ensure baseline forecasts are accurately updated in our Sales system and communicated within the organization
- Establish volume forecasts for all products at the SKU and customer level (direct and indirect)
- Analyze current sales trends and insights to deliver more accurate ongoing product forecasts by customer
- Lead collaborative biweekly/monthly forecasting meetings with sales managers and S&OP meetings with cross functional teams
- Own, generate, and effectively communicate meaningful sales and forecast reporting
- Lead and execute improvement ideas to streamline the business and improve processes enabling the best possible demand forecast
- You may work varied times on occasion, as the job requires
- You may travel to sales meetings or customer meetings as required approximately 5% of time
WHY JOIN US...
We offer our team members many benefits to help them achieve their goals and support our company culture:
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing and RRSP Matching
- Free delicious and healthy bread
- Fresh organic fruit delivered weekly
- Fitness incentive fund to help you thrive
- Friendly and supportive work environment and an ambitious team
- Discounts at our retail store with a great selection of healthy organic products
- Company social events focused around health, great tasting food and getting together as a team Want to learn more about our mission and products? Please check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube