Position: Partnership Sales Manager
Department : Partnership Sales & Service
Reports to: Senior Director, Partnerships
The Partnership Sale Manager for the Abbotsford AHL Hockey Club will focus on managing and cultivating small to medium size partnerships while identifying new business opportunities with both existing and prospective corporate partners. This person will be responsible for prospecting outreach while also responding to partnership inquiries in order to develop fully integrated partnerships consisting of, but not limited to, in-arena signage, broadcast visible signage, scoreboard features, retail promotions, virtual advertising, supply agreements, digital advertising on canucks.com, and other marketing opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Responsible for assigned corporate partnerships and new business objectives as identified in the strategic plan on an annual basis
- Maximize category yield in all assigned categories through the development and presentation of the Canucks playbook to secure fully integrated partnerships.
- Works closely with Partner Marketing & Activations team to ensure delivery on partnership objectives through disciplined planning and execution
- Deliver a high level of service to all our partners and clients
- Manages all aspects of the sales and service process through Corporate Partnership CRM to ensure full organizational visibility for the purposes of reporting all opportunities and demonstrating status of goals and objectives as identified in the strategic plan
- Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
- Participate and contribute to sales team meetings and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- Post graduate degree or diploma in a business-related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of professional team and/or sports sales experience preferred
- Strong relationships/contacts with direct clients and agencies based locally and throughout Canada preferred
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, problem-solving skills and negotiating skills
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the proven ability to learn and master new software programs including KORE Sponsorship Software system (customised Microsoft CRM)
- Availability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Position to start at Rogers Arena and then transition late summer to Abbotsford Centre
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.