As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 66,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
Our Strategic Services & Communications department is seeking to hire a new member to join their Corporate Communications & Design team on a temporary six-month assignment with the possibility of extension. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for external based marketing that will support the corporation and various City of St. Albert departments.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Marketing Strategy: working collaboratively with staff from various City departments to develop strategic marketing plans, packages and presentations. Maintain existing content and identify and implement enhancements to various City related websites.
- Working collaboratively with fellow marketing, communications and design colleagues to develop and ensure quality and focus of marketing materials.
- Writing ad copy, text for marketing material and social media posts, and conducting social media activities as required to support marketing efforts.
- Marketing Measurement: establishing marketing metrics for campaigns and measuring results. Produce analytical reports to determine effectiveness of ongoing marketing and identify any opportunities for improvement.
- Branding: ensuring all creative marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to corporate style guides.
The role requires a creative and collaborative team player. The ability to balance competing needs from various departments is essential.
- A diploma in marketing, communications or a related field.
- 5 years of related experience is required.
- Must have ability to use social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram), website content management systems (simple GUI) and Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management and writing skills.
- A class 5 driver's licence and personal vehicle for business use is required.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks). There is a requirement to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- $44.57 per hour
- December 2021
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- Please upload a cover letter and resume when applying for this opportunity. These will need to be uploaded as two separate documents.
- Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. MST on the closing date.
- Please note that the City will be conducting video conference interviews to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
- A Class 5 driver's licence and the use of a personal vehicle for work use are required for this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.