Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA
Address 35 Precidio Ct (Brampton), Ontario L6S6B7
Job Category Design
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE)
Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and ORBIS Corporation, are leaders in their industries, providing corrugated and plastic packaging products and related services to major global companies.
Our employees make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and quality turn possibilities into success. Working at Menasha Corporation means that your insights provide cutting-edge solutions for our customers. If you like to make things happen and are passionate about what you do, you're going to want to be here.
Join us and become part of the power behind possible.
Shift Requirements 1st Shift
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Produces graphic art and visual materials for packaging, displays, promotions and informative material. Generates and manipulates graphic images and/or animations into consolidated and seamless presentations. Uses creativity and latitude in performing job functions.
Essential to this Position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with artwork manager, account managers, designers, and clients.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Participate in creating renderings of displays and mock-ups for customers.
- Package and preflight files for release to internal or external printers/vendors or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Conduct press checks
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of graphic design software and its capabilities.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- Effectively manage multiple projects and provide ongoing status reports to key stakeholders, while taking ownership of projects and executing them through completion
Essentials to Success
- Solidworks or 3-D rendering experience an asset
- Artios CAD experience preferred, but not required
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Adobe Create Suite software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Work Experience Required
Some relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design and manufacturing of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios
- Ability to design, plan and execute testing strategies and tactics to ensure product quality
- Menasha Packaging Canada L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), accommodations are available upon request from all candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ABOUT MENASHA PACKAGING Menasha Corporation (www.menashacorporation.com) is a leading corrugated and plastic packaging manufacturer and supply chain solutions provider specializing in retail merchandising, packaging and displays, plastic reusable containers and pallets, protective packaging interiors, and packaging supply chain and fulfillment services. Menasha Corporation's products and services are used by major food, beverage, consumer products, personal care, pharmaceutical, beauty and cosmetics, automotive, heavy equipment, and agriculture companies. Established in 1849, Menasha Corporation is one of America's oldest private, family-owned manufacturing companies.
Menasha Packaging is North America's largest independent, retail-focused corrugated packaging and merchandising solutions provider. Menasha Packaging designs, prints and produces customized packaging, high-end graphic displays and merchandising material, e-commerce packaging, and provides pack-out, fulfillment and supply chain services to retailers and leading global consumer packaged goods companies.
ORBIS is a leading provider of reusable plastic packaging products and supply chain packaging management services in North America. ORBIS designs and produces plastic reusable totes, bulk containers, pallets, and custom products, including protective interiors and metal racks. ORBIS's products and services are a critical component of manufacturing and retail supply chains for the automotive, industrial, agriculture, retail, beverage, and bakery markets.
Menasha Corporation's culture of focusing on employees, operating responsibly, and serving customers is best outlined in the company's Corporate Responsibility Report, produced annually and available on our website at http://www.insightdigital.biz/i/1272161-2020-social-responsibility-report/0.
Click here to view our two-minute video that shares a quick glimpse about Menasha Corporation and our exciting future.
For more information about Menasha Packaging, please visit www.menashapackaging.com.