Calgary, AB, Canada Req #25
Monday, May 3, 2021
SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our Technology empowers teachers, students, and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs
- from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Channel Enablement, you will responsible for executing on the marketing & enablement strategies for SMART's global channel network. Working cross-functionally with various key stakeholders in the UCE and across the organization, the Channel Marketing Manager will aid in building the SMART brand among our distribution and channel partners and positioning the company as an industry leader. With exposure to multiple teams, this is a highly matrixed role. Candidates need to be strategic thinkers, hands on, highly organized, detail oriented and have experience in field marketing, as well as working with sales teams on a continual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our Channel Partner are looking for and then to optimize the path to realizing it.
- Planning, developing and implementing the content strategy for SMART Channel Partners.
- Content calendar and organization of workflows must be developed and managed.
- Manage the creation and production of marketing content, as well as managing the flow of assets online and offline.
- Support the execution of B2B marketing strategies with internal channel and sales teams and the wider UCE organization, that engage existing channel partners and targets potential channel partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and work to develop channel marketing strategies with both the internal channel teams and leaders as well as Channel Partners
- including regular participation in sales & channel team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills to execute cross-functionally across the UCE organization to develop world class partner content that enables them to successfully sell SMART.
- Champion the need for integrated & consolidated messaging to the channel across SMART business units in support of the strategic plan.
- Leverage global marketing resources and content to fulfill channel marketing requirements and find ways to invent and simplify to address sales needs without large budgets
- Provide recommendations to improve functionality and content of SMART's partner portal (The Source) and representing the channel for improvements, enhancements and effectiveness.
- Support and influence new product launch efforts in channel including collateral, communication strategy, training tools and related activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and work experience
- Degree or diploma in business, marketing, management or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, demand generation or sales in a B2B environment
- Experience working within a reseller or distributor environment is considered an asset
- Feel at home in an agile environment and be able to constantly straddle between strategy and execution as needed
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing through the partner channels to grow business
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, problem solving and has a bias for action
- Strong program management skills, creative thinking and analytical ability
- Proven success developing business, marketing planning/analysis, opportunity identification and optimizing marketing investment
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position does not have any direct reports
- A valid passport is required
- The work environment is fast-paced, continually changing and challenging
- This is primarily an office position however occasional travel to off-site events and meetings may be required
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business.
- Job Family UCE
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10