Build a rewarding career with Steinbach Credit Union
Steinbach Credit Union is Manitoba's largest credit union and the 8th largest in Canada with over $7 billion in total assets. For the past 80 years, we have worked with our members to create relationships based on trust and support. Our goal is to provide advice and recommend products and services that are tailored to meet every member's individual needs.
Our member-centric approach is a key driver in everything we do, and our level of service is second to none. We provide an environment of trust in which members feel comfortable doing business and they will recommend us to their family and friends. For more information, please visit our website.
An exciting opportunity awaits
We currently have an opportunity for a Manager, Wealth and Business Solutions to join our team in Winnipeg and Steinbach (with travel between branches when save to do so). As the Manager Wealth & Business Solutions you will responsible for the implementation of organizational strategy, assisting with developing and implementing operational plans, delivering business results, leading the Senior Wealth Advisors, Insurance Specialists, Corporate Relationship Advisor and Corporate Relationship Associates teams ensuring compliance in the Wealth and Business Solutions Department.
- Work closely with the AVP, Wealth & Steinbach Retail and partner with others across the organization to clarify priorities, apply systems thinking, and assign scarce resources to drive results.
- Communicate relevant metrics to demonstrate progress towards agreed upon goals and targets (ex. Balanced scorecard, financial plans); take action or escalate issues as required.
- Model a thorough knowledge of credit union policies, procedures and corporate values.
- Act as a change leader for major change initiatives in support of business needs.
- Provide back up support and coverage for the AVP, Wealth & Steinbach Retail and Manager, Wealth Advisory Solutions and/or direct reports as required.
- Foster communication between SCU and 3rd party providers relating to process/procedure issues, licensing and other regulatory requirements; including ensuring required reporting is received/provided in an accurate, timely manner.
- Communicate regulatory change requirements to direct reports, AVP Wealth & Steinbach Retail, Branch Compliance Manager, and Administrative teams, and ensure policies and procedures are adjusted accordingly.
- Work with Manager, Investment Administration to foster a collaborative environment between investment representatives and administration team.
- Work with Manager, Wealth Advisory Solutions to deliver a seamless and comprehensive wealth management offering best suited to meet the individual needs of the member.
- Act as a change leader for wealth change initiatives in support of business needs.
- Work with management peers to foster a collaborative environment between the departments and teams (Ex. Retail and Corporate Sales and Investment Administration).
- Bachelor's degree and 7 to 9 years of job related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Canadian Securities licensing is required and insurance licensing is an asset.
- Certified Financial Planning (CFP) accreditation is required or obtained within 24 months from hire date.
- Knowledge of credit union/FI operations would be an asset
- Ability to implement effective sales/marketing techniques and experience working with high net-worth commercial clients would also be considered an asset.
How we'll reward you
You can look forward to joining an organization that values teamwork and its membership. You will receive a competitive annual salary based on skills and experience. In addition you would be eligible for variable compensation and matched pension plan per SCU policies. You will also receive a great host of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental, vision benefits, plus a health spending account
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Employee Banking Benefits (i.e. free chequing account, low interest MasterCard, bonus rate on deposit and lending products)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Clothing allowance
Closing Date: June 27, 2021