Requisition ID: 263721
Position Number: 20030778
Posting End Date: June 23, 2021
Site: Victoria General Hospital
Department / Unit: VGH Foundation
Anticipated Start Date: July 19, 2021
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Victoria General Hospital Foundation is dedicated to advancing healthcare at the Victoria Hospital and in our community to create healthier futures for us all. Since 2009, we have invested more than $15 million in innovations that enhance patient care, prevent disease and injury, and improve the overall health and well-being of our community.
Reporting to the Communications & Public Relations Manager, the Communications & Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the coordination and implementation of all communications activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development, execution, and evaluation of effective outreach and engagement strategies to build relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Support new and existing strategies to generate increased brand awareness.
- Support the development, execution, and evaluation of all digital communication strategies for social media, email marketing, and The Vic Foundation website.
- Write and produce promotional material in-house or in coordination with outside agencies.
- Liaise with contracted professionals including marketing consultants, graphic designers, printers, and website developers.
- Support the development, execution, and evaluation of all event communications.
- Provide media relations support including research, writing, outreach and maintenance of media contact lists.
- Participate in the development and execution of The Vic Foundation's overall communications strategy in collaboration with the Communications & Public Relations Manager.
- Provide organizational and administrative support to the Communications & Public Relations Manager.
- Assist with other Foundation administrative tasks as required.
- Related communications experience considered an asset.
- Experience in non-profit considered an asset.
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing and/or public relations from an approved post-secondary institution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required, with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with staff, board, donors and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in graphic design considered an asset.
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their cover letter and resume to Temi Bamgbose at Via Isarta by June 23, 2021.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.