North America's largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge is a category leader thanks to world-class technology and outstanding people who are driving impressive growth and annual revenue now totaling $750 million through our Leisure and Corporate offering. Founded in 2011, the company's Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel.
Our newly formed Retail division, with its headquarters in Toronto, has its sights firmly on leveraging our proud history and is set on being North America's premium, relationship focused travel retailer. In our Retail operation, our people are aptly named Travel Designers. Our Designers work closely with each customer in the vision and assembly of each trip performing far more than consult or advise. Our Designers take pride in delivering exceptional experiences to their customers before, during and after each trip with no detail overlooked.
Travel Edge is very optimistic about the future and is well positioned as a market leader in leisure travel. We are looking for remote based experienced agents across Canada. The successful candidate can significantly impact the performance of our newest division, Retail. You will manage and grow a book of customers and manage their luxury travel needs. The ideal candidate has strong travel experience, contacts, and an ability to understand and speak to the world of the luxury travel. You are results-oriented, highly entrepreneurial, data driven and creative.
- Achieve company sales targets and goals.
- Uphold the Travel Edge luxury standard of service and experience throughout all interactions.
- Develop and maintain customer leads both in store and through direct team.
- Operate within company standards in the areas of customer service, productivity, quality standards and operating procedures
- Utilize preferred vendors to reduce clients cost and maximize profit for the company
- Act as an ambassador for Travel Edge, building relationships with customers, suppliers and growing your professional network.
- 2 years of travel sales experience.
- GDS (preferably Sabre) experience is a MUST.
- Experience with Microsoft 365
- The ability to prospect and grow their client base.
- A drive to provide outstanding professional service to their clients.
- An understanding that luxury means different things to different people.
- A thirst for Industry knowledge- keeping up with Industry trends via travel, webinars, seminars, company educational events, and supplier hosted events.
- The capability to leverage preferred suppliers.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Organizational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability work independently.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Passionate about travel and all that surrounds it.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace
- building plans through iterations from learning on what's working and not working.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downwards.
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
What Travel Edge offers:
- Uncapped competitive earning potential
- Supportive team environment
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Company match RRSP program
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Health and Wellness subsidy
- 3 weeks' vacation to start
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Agent incentives
- Advancement opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from the TripArc Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.