A REWARDING CAREER AWAITS YOU AT THE TORONTO REGIONAL REAL ESTATE BOARD.
TRREB is looking to fill a permanent, full-time Web and Graphic Designer within the Communications and Government Affairs department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager, Multimedia Communications and will be responsible for the duties outlined below.
The Web and Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and maintaining digital, print, and website communications media for the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board.
The incumbent will be required to artistically assemble images, text, and other graphics to communicate effective messaging. A strong understanding of typography, graphics, colour palettes, and principles of design is necessary to ensure a pleasant end user experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the design and visual content of digital communication materials, including web pages, and email communications (e-Blasts), and print materials such as brochures and newsletters.
A keen eye for detail is needed to conceptualize an idea and convert it into a compelling and strategically aligned design. Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite Software is a must.
- Maintain up-to-date content on the TorontoMLS® On-line Communications Module and other Internet/Intranet Communications Modules.
- Design and produce publications, brochures, newsletters, and other print material.
- Create digital design assets for use in social media and other online communication channels, using various technologies.
- Collaborate cordially and professionally with the various Departments/Committees regarding user requirements, providing mock-ups for presentation and approval.
- Work cordially with front and back-end web developers to deploy designs.
- Maintain consistent branding throughout all design elements, ensuring a cohesive look and style across all design assets, where applicable.
- Utilize available user data and analytics to make effective design decisions and follow UI/UX guidelines for optimum user experience.
- Maintain proper file storage and ensure the timely backup files (cleaning up hard drive, backing up files to the server, etc.).
- Ensure the timely completion of all projects according to schedule, providing timely progress updates as required.
- Remain current with the latest design trends by attending workshops, courses, and reading relevant material.
- Assist with TRREB special events, including on-site assistance as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will follow safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all health and safety regulations. Personal protection and safety equipment will be used if/when required. Any injury or illness, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions must be reported immediately to their Supervisor.
- College diploma in Graphic Design and/or Web Design.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in print design and production as well as a Web Design.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) and Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Well-organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of web design processes and best practices, including but not limited to image optimization, SEO, responsive design, HTML/CSS.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to accept and apply feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Joomla are an asset.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The incumbent may be required on occasion, to work after hours or on weekends to meet increased workload and special deadlines.
- This position may be exposed to confidential material and/or information. Every effort must be made to ensure that sensitive information and/or materials are properly stored and secured.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Manager, Human Resources
via fax: (416) 443-8134
Note: Please include "Web and Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.