We are seeking an experienced Sales Representative to join our award winning team.
Using a solution-based sales approach, you will manage a thriving sales territory in the Okanagan BC region, with responsibility for Ingersoll Rand's full line of compressed air products including reciprocating compressors, rotary screw compressors, air dryers and filtration, and various system accessories and services.
This is a full-time position with much of the scheduling being driven by you. You will manage existing customer accounts and develop new customer relationships. Effective time management, professional communication skills, and a pro-active attitude towards prospecting and appointment setting are keys to success in this position. When you're not meeting with customers, you'll be working with our team at our main office, which means you'll have plenty of flexibility. You can expect to spend 4-5 days per week travelling to customer sites within your territory.
Why Choose Wiseworth Canada:
Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is the master distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air products, parts, and services covering all of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. We are proud to have been awarded the Consumer Choice Award as the Top Compressed Air Service Provider in British Columbia for the fourth consecutive year. Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for compressed air systems, and we are recognized as the employer of choice in our industry.
We attract the best and brightest employees by sustaining a culture of respect, integrity, and genuine teamwork. Our workplace environment is positive, healthy, comfortable, and team-oriented making Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. one of the most sought-after places of employment within our industry.
Positive work-life balance.
- Employment stability.
- An enthusiastic, accountable, and team-oriented workplace culture.
- Engaged leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
- Competitive compensation package that is worthy of your experience.
- Comprehensive benefit program for you and your family including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, life insurance, and RSP plan.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Company-wide commitment to workplace safety.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, business, marketing, or equivalent is preferred.
- Produce and execute plans and strategies to generate direct sales revenue, and achieve annual sales growth targets.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers to promote all associated compressed air products and services.
- Daily prospecting activities that will enable effective market coverage and will produce a solid pipeline of new sales opportunities.
- Responding to inbound calls and managing incoming leads.
- Determining customer needs and providing effective solutions.
- Quoting products and solutions and leading the sales cycle from beginning through to successfully acquiring customer approval.
- Daily travel to local customer sites and periodic travel to customers sites in remote regions as required to meet customer needs.
- Maintain rapport with customers by addressing requests, problem solving, identifying solutions, and suggesting improved methods and techniques or system improvements.
- Using our CRM system to manage daily activities, update our customer database, and to efficiently track and manage the sales process from start to finish.
- Adhere to safety procedures and standards with continuously changing work environments.
- Maintain current knowledge of Ingersoll Rand (and other vendor) products and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of the marketplace through regular contact with customers, and through market and competitor analysis.
- We are looking for persistent, hard-working people, who are self-motivated to achieve sales results.
- Minimum three years of sales experience with industrial products and services.
- High school diploma mandatory. Post-secondary and/or related technical training preferred.
- Excellent prospecting, relationship-building, and customer service skills.
- Valid Driver's License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI's in past five years.
- Attentive listening skills.
- Professional communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience preparing technical sales quotations/proposals.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a cohesive team.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while providing consistent high-quality work.
- Accountability and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, frequently changing and high-volume environment.
- Comprehension of all technical information, equipment manuals, parts manuals.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiently with laptops and hand-held computers and devices.
- Training is comprised of job shadowing, hands-on field work, online training, and formal classroom training. Travel to Ingersoll Rand's training facility in the USA may be periodically required.
- Valid Canadian passport with the ability to travel across Canada and the US.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is moderately physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, sitting at a desk, working with computers, driving a vehicle, walking, climbing stairs, stooping, and kneeling.
- Employees may regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs, and rarely lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is an alcohol and drug free workplace.
- A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated based on related experience and education.
- Position is eligible for a company vehicle, fuel/maintenance card, smart phone, and tablet computer.
- Comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation, extended medical, dental, and vision coverage, group life insurance, and company matching pension plan.