At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Value Proposition, the Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy will be instrumental in shaping Fido's 1-3 year strategic plan and in translating the plan into value proposition pillars and corresponding operational roadmaps that put the strategy into action. This position will be responsible for the ensuring that the CAPEX priorities for Fido and the initiatives that the cross functional teams are working on are aligned with the long-term strategic vision.
- Own and shape Fido's value proposition evolution and long-term strategy (1 to 3 years) by making recommendations based on internal and external factors to maximize Fido's potential and minimize risks
- Formulate & execute the strategy & plan to achieve the brand's long-term goals, strengthen value proposition and realize our business objectives
- Support bi-annual Strategy Check process for Fido and will act as a link between Marketing and other cross functional stakeholders to provide a wholesome strategic view for Fido
- Support Fido's long-term planning cycle working closely with various cross functional teams to establish priorities for the Fido Brand; Be the Fido marketing point of contact for CAPEX planning, ensuring overall investment envelope (CBU wireless, digital, care) aligns with the priorities
- Advocate, influence and understand cross functional plans to deliver on Brand Vision and strategy, push further in areas where more value creation is possible.
- Influence discussions at VP, Director and Sr. Manager level to push further on priorities and investment decisions related to CAPEX and resources across Digital, Care, Retail and Wireless.
- Lead planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations and projects.
- Interlock effectively with finance leads to ensure correct alignment of initiative tracking across BUs to effectively track against margin objectives.
Role requirements :
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, or related field
- MBA is an asset
- Candidate requires 8+ years in Marketing. Finance, Planning background an asset.
- 8+ years of experience in project management and cross-functional leadership
- Experience in Strategy and Product Management roles an asset
- Ability to think outside the box to resolve complex issues in a cross-functional environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Self-driven, ability to take initiatives and propose concepts/activities that would make a difference for our customers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information and make them ready for ELT audience (CEO, President...)
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to produce and sustain excellent results over a period of time
- Comfortable and able to thrive while working with ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Marketing Communication
Requisition ID: 232928
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate