Requisition ID: 108379
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Communications and Technology & Operations teams by ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager is responsible for building and delivering best-in-class internal and external communications in support of the Global CIO team, viz. Country CIO and Global Heads of Engineering teams. This includes providing trusted advice and individual support to senior leaders within the Bank. The Senior Manager must also demonstrate a desire to learn and a high degree of flexibility and be both eager and able to take on other initiatives as needed within the broader Enterprise Communications group.
The Senior Manager leads and executes communication strategies that drive understanding and successful execution of Technology and all-Bank objectives and collaborates with internal partners to enhance communication within these businesses.
1. Communications Strategy & Planning
- Manage an integrated communication function that engages and aligns employees with Scotiabank's business goals and Technology's business strategies, values and brand by leveraging diverse and creative delivery channels and methods.
- Proactively source content and develop strategies, plans, programs and activities that support Technology's strategic priorities and drive business outcomes.
- Provide the Global Head, Technology, Operations and Digital Communications with the communication expertise, advice and service required to successfully deliver programs and initiatives to the Global CIO leadership team and employee population.
- Provide leadership to the Global CIO Communication team and business partners to enable high performance, alignment, and employee engagement across Technology's culture.
- Build and foster relationships with business partners and communication leads globally to ensure Global CIO communication requirements are adequately addressed through communication strategies and project deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of the broader Global CIO team through relationship development, support and informal mentoring of team members.
- Create impactful communication content to drive employee engagement, build awareness and align all employees to Technology's strategic priorities.
- Create and maintain multiple internal intranet websites to facilitate two-way conversations with key stakeholders and empower all Global CIO employees to become a performance-oriented culture.
- Plan, lead and execute internal and external events that align with overall strategic priorities.
- Complete Change Management Assessments (diagnostic tools, surveys, small groups) and help project teams understand outputs and key implications.
- Develop and execute a measurement plan with relevant KPIs that drive Technology's Strategic Priorities.
- Lead and manage multiple projects with conflicting timelines ensuring objectives are met.
4. Issues Management
- Identify key opportunities to streamline processes and scale initiatives across Technology.
- Identify key and emerging issues impacting senior leadership and employees and work collaboratively with the Global Head, Technology, Operations and Digital Communications to create plans and messaging to address.
Education & Skills
- Relevant university degree & certifications
- English, Journalism, Education, Communication/Public Relations, Change Management, Business
- Seasoned professional in change communications, social media platforms, event planning, employee engagement, storytelling
- Minimum 8-10 years leading change management and communications on large scale or complex initiatives
- Strong leadership, presentation, writing and media relations skills
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial Services (Planning/Forecasting/Budgeting) and Technology acumen (AI, Robotics, Automation, Infrastructure, Architecture)
- Data analytics: Analyze data and translate into insightful trends/messages
- Suite of Publishing Tools: Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier); Microsoft Suite (SharePoint, PPT, MS Word, Excel)
- Ability to select/design appropriate diagnostic tools (surveys, interviews, groups) and identify change implications
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.