Junior Graphic Designer, Corporate
25 Dockside Dr, Toronto, ON M5A 1B6, Canada Req #1394
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
We're looking for a talented, highly-motivated Junior Graphic Designer to join the Corporate Communications team at Corus Entertainment.
In this Junior Graphic Designer role, you will work closely with the Graphic Designer to conceptualize and design corporate materials for a variety of internal clients. You will support the Creative team and Corporate Communications team by participating in various design initiatives, and perform various office duties as needed.
- Attention to detail
- Creative and innovative
- Proficient communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-managed while accurately following instructions
- Makes use of time efficiently
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to self-educate
- Obtain a positive and professional attitude under high pressure or changed circumstances
- Advanced active problem-solving skills
- Execute graphic designs that inform and captivate audiences. This includes online, print and sign designs
- Create graphic elements for various print, social, digital, advertising and experiential campaigns
- Participate and contribute in team brainstorms and idea generation
- Help create mockups and presentation decks
- Website design & management
- Ensure the corporate brands are protected and consistent across all platforms and when used by employees
- Photography and photo editing
- Videography and video editing
- 2 years graphic design experience in a agency/corporate environment
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communication or related field
- An available online portfolio
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of multitasking in an evolving business
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast and high-pressure environment
- Determination to achieve and succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Consistent quality of work throughout projects regardless of project size
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
02-Media/Communications Creative & Design