Job Description :
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Date Posted: June 16, 2021
Who we are...
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $58 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization's core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to ?Deliver Memorable Experiences? for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator will report to the Manager, Sales & Marketing and will play a critical role in connecting our sales and marketing activities. This department is comprised of hardworking and motivated team members with a passion for the events industry and altogether oversees the organization's marketing, partnerships, group sales, facility sales, business development and TicketLeader. The position will provide support for all sales, marketing and administrative activities within the department. They will coordinate projects, communication plans and act as a primary liaison for internal and external stakeholders. For these duties, a high degree of attention to detail as well and a desire to think outside-of-the-box will be essential.
Why join our Sales & Marketing Team?
- Cultivates an exhilarating and fun-loving workplace
- Supports a flexible work environment
- Innovates in both concept and process
- Thrives in a fast paced sales & marketing environment
- Supports creativity, idea generation and innovation
- Collaborates across all departments in a positive and proactive way
- Part of one of Vancouver's most iconic institutions
- Belongs to one of BC's top 10 most loved brands
- BC Business 2020
What will you do this year?
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator role is made up of approximately 35% in sales activities, 35% in marketing activities, 30% in administration & project coordination. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the Sales & Marketing team to develop and prepare proposals, tools and client quotations.
- Assist with event memos, file management and reconciliations as required.
- Onsite support with photography, VIP arrangements and client management.
- Administer and manage Ungerboeck including data entry, documentation, calendar management and reporting.
- Assist sales team with research, lead generation, cold calling, presentation preparations, sales trips, and site inspections.
- Coordinate tools and materials for sales campaigns for B2B markets and support trade shows, event sponsorship activations and general market campaigns.
- Assist with digital marketing strategy including content development for social media and guest engagement.
- Manage onsite logistics for all partnership activations including media, corporate and industry.
- Coordinate all photography/videography marketing content and manage the online filing system.
- Document sales and marketing processes, checklists and best practices.
- Support VP of Sales, Marketing & Business Development with general administrative duties including communication and training for the Sales & Marketing team.
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for Sales, Marketing, and Year Round Events team meetings.
- Create weekly campaign analytics reports for the Sales & Marketing team.
- Maintain database for all department clients, suppliers, and key stakeholders.
- Act as the primary contact by organizing guest lists for industry contacts.
What are we are looking for?
- Must have an education or in-depth understanding of sales and marketing activities.
- An understanding of the sales principles and target audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional departments and external stakeholders to meet a variety of project objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and proactive conflict resolution.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with individuals at all levels within and outside the PNE organization.
- Must be available to work events, including, evening, weekends & holidays when required.
Who are you?
- Creative, outside-of-the-box thinker
- Committed to striving for excellence
- Collaborative and supportive team player
- Eager to make a difference
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before July 4, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!