- Non Union
JOB PROFILEAAPS Salaried
- Information Services, Level B
Job TitleMarketing Specialist
DEPARTMENTMarketing and Communications | Dean's Office | Faculty of Applied Science
- $8,341.58 CAD Monthly
Posting End DateJuly 1, 2021
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing the marketing, branding, communications and campaigns within the UBC Applied Science's Professional Master's Programs: Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) and Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) Degrees. This position will be responsible for development of the marketing strategy, campaigns, and processes associated with marketing the programs, as well as helping to create, oversee and implement the campaigns and promoting our overall brand and program awareness.
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing & Recruitment.
Works with: MEL and MHLP Student Recruitment Specialist, Program Specialization Directors, APSC MarComms team, Graduate Studies office, Sauder School of Business, Development, Alumni, UBC service providers, external vendors, senior administrators, and other stakeholders as required.
The incumbent will be expected to also work very closely with the MHLP and MEL Programs team and the Director of Marketing and Communications particularly as s/he manages the marketing strategy plan and processes.
Marketing and Communications
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing & Recruitment, develop and execute a marketing strategy, with a particular focus on online / digital marketing (paid and organic).
- Taking and integrated approach, develop and implement a variety of marketing and communications projects, including web and multimedia advertising of the programs, events, educational marketing portals and other marketing platforms used to expand advertising reach.
- Organize and oversee video and photography shoots.
- Update and modify existing promotional materials as needed (online and offline).
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to produce promotional materials in line with the existing brand materials.
- Continued development of messaging and marketing copy to showcase the latest audience needs and values.
- Branding oversight and management for accurate application and consistency of implantation within templates new and co-ordinate team usage/application
- Support and promotion of Recruitment activities and Initiatives through organic and paid activities
- Support and promotion of Alumni and Employment portfolio activities and Initiatives through organic and paid activities
- Manage, plan, create and coordinate web content development and strategy.
- Manages and monitors online advertising initiatives including Google Ad Suite, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram Ads, and any other relevant digital advertising platforms.
- Work with digital media agency to ensure campaigns are optimized, ads are effective and explore areas for improvement, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops and executes the social media model and strategy, including social media activities, resources, structure, and best practices. Responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of a strong and vibrant community online for exposure, engagement and conversion based activities
- Creates customized and targeted campaigns to increase traffic, engagement, and conversion to the public, specifically our desired leads and prospects audience, as well as identify and develop new areas for content development.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to engage with prospective students and to develop a robust prospective student pipeline.
- Analyze and report program performance to directors and professional programs team, provide results, updates and recommendations for improvement and new programs.
- Manage email campaigns and subscriptions of prospective students, sending out program marketing, updates, event promotion and other related information relevant to prospective students.
Ability to review, analyse and develop SEO techniques and principles to support keyword expansion and development across the website
- Represent the UBC MEL and MHLP master degrees across major social media platforms eg. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram YouTube.
Creation and execution of the organic content strategy to stimulate community engagement, awareness and continued user reactions.
- Be the point of contact for social media channel management in conjunction with UBC MEL and MHLP and Marketing & Communications teams.
- In collaboration with different units, faculty and Alumni, determines various uses of forms of social media to monitor, respond and engage the information being propagated.
- Work with internal teams at the planning stages of campaigns and programs to determine degree and method of social media integration.
- Research best practices in social media applications at other Canadian and American universities.
- Create and promote annualized content for website materials, social media campaigns, including ads, copy, stories about students and alumni, and other related marketing content.
- Assist in managing the brand, and be a resource to faculties and internal stakeholders to ensure brand consistency on communications projects.
- Monitors media, media coverage of the campaigns.
- Represent the campaigns across all media channels.
- Liaise with external agencies for creative development in support of the campaigns.
- Coordinate the development of campaign advertising.
- Supporting the development of campaign related media releases.
- Manage the marketing budget, with input of the Associate Director of Marketing & Recruitment and the Student Recruitment Specialist.
- Manage expenditures and reconciliations for various projects.
- Create and maintain project timelines, schedules and cost estimates that support the progress of various initiatives and projects.
- Record and maintain records of all activities undertaken, so comparisons of all activities can be compared year to year for their effectiveness.
- In conjunction with UBC' legal and the Privacy Impact Assessment team, ensure compliance with latest provincial, federal marketing and higher education privacy requirements.
- Other related duties as required
Works independently under general guidance from the Associate Director of Marketing.
Manage the work of consultants, external contractors and student workers.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Initiatives executed by this role on behalf of the Applied Science Professional Programs portfolio are very public, and are critical to the recruitment and engagement of potential students, as well as to the brand of the programs. The position has dealings with staff, faculty, as well as the business community, general public and external suppliers.
This position represents the University as well as the Applied Science Professional Programs. They play a key role in intercepting social media messages that can potentially affect reputation, and deals with damage limitation.
Incorrect decisions or judgment will directly affect UBC's reputation with students, faculty, staff, and the broader community i.e. erroneous information could cause embarrassment and loss of credibility to the university, and key infrastructural pieces of the university's overall web operations could be at risk of failing. It could also alienate existing and potential students as well as jeopardize relationships with alumni, resulting in a potential loss of reputation or critical relationships.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. University degree in communications or equivalent. Experience in all aspects of social media, coordinating marketing strategy and campaigns, ideally in a complex organizational environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years' experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience writing and editing marketing and web copy, and ability to adapt writing styles for various purposes, for different media requirements and for different audiences. Design skills and/or experience with design tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred. Demonstrated organizational skills in project and time management, with an ability to set priorities, attend to details, work well under pressure to meet deadlines, balance competing deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work independently and excel within a team environment. Ability to exercise initiative, resourcefulness and judgment. Ability to exercise tact and discretion. Demonstrated knowledge of social media. Knowledge of social media statistics reporting and tracking tools. Technical understanding and experience working with social media interfaces and CRM software. Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Demonstrated experience with web software e.g. WordPress. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge. Demonstrated ability to learn and upgrade skills.