Product Marketing Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #72
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver's homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it's possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight's Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean's Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Strong Product Manager. You can take an idea and evaluate it to determine if it solves customer and business needs. You take the time to understand what the business is trying to achieve and build a strategic plan to plot the best path forward.
- Highly Skilled Project Manager. You love bringing the solution to life on time and on budget. You know what's required from all stakeholders and how to ensure their success and accountability.
- Creative Problem Solver. You know what it takes to bring a product to market and you enjoy doing the research and digging into the data to validate the solution
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating across the organization (engineering, executive, marketing, culinary) to define the market problem and solution for new product releases, and acting as the point-of-contact for said releases
- Develop a GTM plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Project manage various products post go-to-market and manage the stakeholders involved.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Act as the customer expert, and understanding the product messaging and positioning that best resonates with each respective persona based on data
Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
Manage product marketing activities for a minimum of 3 products, including everything from from conception, execution, and evaluation
Conduct primary and secondary research of customers through interviews, focus groups, field guides, and other methods
Research competitors and trends, and using this information to feed into product roadmap
Provide ongoing support for both growth and customer marketing for the adoption and success of products
Conduct data collection and analyses to deliver insights for decision-making
5 years in a product marketing with product managing experience or in a product management role with marketing experience
A degree in marketing, product, communications, or a similar discipline
Experience working in businesses with recurring revenue models and/or food and beverage
Strong data analytical skills and data-driven thinking, expressed through proficiency in google sheets/excel
Goal oriented with strong time-management skills
Project management capability to deliver/ship product on time
An uncanny ability to juggle disparate expectations across stakeholders, and bringing them together for decision consensus
Ability to self-motivate and self-manage and take accountability and ownership for all work
Nice to Haves:
Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, data studio to assist in delivering results, and meeting deadlines
A track record of successfully launching new products; and products into new geographies
Certification or diploma in product marketing
A keen attention to detail and a drive to transform data into actionable insights
What You Can Expect
An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We're a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Open to Remote applicants
Competitive pay and bonuses
Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!