134 Peter St, Toronto, ON M5V 2H2, Canada Req #711
Friday, June 18, 2021
Allied is looking for a Communications Manager to join our team in Toronto.
At Allied, everything starts with purpose. In the role of Communications Manager, you will champion Allied's external communication strategy by ensuring consistent and engaging content for all stakeholders.
Through the creation of public-facing communications, you will strengthen Allied's relationships with users, investors and employees and demonstrate our continuous contribution to cities and culture.
Who are you?
We are building upon our achievements at Allied, and the future is exciting. How can we be so sure? We have people like you: engaged professionals who consistently deliver their best.
Throughout your professional career, you have stood out for your pursuit of excellence. You are self-motivated, take ownership, and lead by example. In doing so, you elevate your team and collaborate towards your collective goals.
Above all, you are excited by Allied's mission and the contribution we make to enhance urban environments.
What will you do?
The responsibilities below describe your primary mandates.
- Evaluate Allied's existing communication process and tools, recommend improvements and lead the development of new initiatives, templates and resources.
- Collaborate with departments to assess communication needs and support the development of relevant communication collateral (e.g., signage, presentations and reports).
- Write, design and review communication materials to ensure high quality products that are consistent with Allied's messaging and brand.
- Ensure all communication materials are AODA complaint.
- Manage French translation process to meet the needs of our diverse stakeholders.
- Support Vice President, Talent on an ad hoc basis regarding internal communication projects.
- Develop a schedule of Allied's annual communications and stakeholder touchpoints, and plan accordingly.
- Support Corporate Team with quarterly updates to investor presentations and other documents as needed.
- Lead the evolution of the Make Room for the Arts program and artist roster across the country in partnership with relevant Committees and Allied team members.
Content and Design:
- Manage relationship with external communications-related agencies as point of contact for all Allied requests and needs.
- Oversee and support website updates and content in collaboration with IT department, content owners and external partners.
- Oversee management of internal photo library and archive.
What are we looking for?
We look forward to learning about all your accomplishments, but the list below describes our core requirements.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A post-secondary degree in a related field (i.e. design, communications, journalism or public relations).
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of copy-editing, proofreading, writing and design.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven analytical and strategic mindset.
- Able to design and roll-out clear and streamlined processes.
- Detail-orientated and strong skills in organization, collaboration and time management.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
The following would be an asset:
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Exposure to real estate, sustainability and/or a publicly traded organization.
Who are we?
Allied Properties REIT (TSE:AP.UN) is a leading owner, manager and developer of (i) distinctive urban workspace in Canada's major cities and (ii) network-dense urban data centres that form Canada's hub for global connectivity. Allied's business is providing knowledge-based organizations with distinctive urban environments for creativity and connectivity.
We are also a great place to work. Allied is listed as a 2020 Best Employer in Canada as part of Kincentric's Best Employers global certification, which distinguishes organizations that demonstrate strong results in employee engagement, organizational agility, engaging leadership, and talent focus.
We are committed to hiring the most qualified candidates while striving for diversity and equity within our organization. We encourage qualified individuals to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, ability, and socioeconomic background.
NOTE: If you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.