This is a 6 months term contract
Toronto or Ottawa
Scope of Position
The Graphic Designer Associate will be responsible for assisting to help craft design solutions that support the Alterna Savings and Bank brand strategy and business objectives. The role is a hybrid of communication design, content creation and creates the visual expression of how the brand comes to life across various touchpoints; in-branch printed, digital and social media.
- Provide creative support to the marketing and product team as required
- Manage incoming jobs for digital assets and printed assets, website, email, mobile banners and images, printed branch brochures and materials
- Plans concept by studying creative brief and other resources provided by stakeholders
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout including copy. This could include designing icons and recommending photos/images
- Obtain approvals from stakeholders
- Prepare finished copy and provide design to stakeholders
- Manage creative repository and creative specification template
- Supports the Marketing and Product teams
Education / Certifications / Experience
- Graduate of a College or University visual arts program
- 1-2 years practical experience
Knowledge / Skills
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- UX design an asset
- Ability to plan and organize job requests and work
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
About Alterna Savings
Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited (Alterna) has been the good in banking for 112 years! Alterna is made up of Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alterna Bank. Together, we have $9.6 billion in assets under management.
As the first full-service, member-owned co-operative financial institution outside Quebec, Alterna Savings shares its expertise with more than 183,000 members through a network of 36 branches across Ontario, that includes partner Peterborough Community Savings; as well as call centre and digital channels. Members and customers also benefit from industry-leading online brokerage, investment management services, and have access to the largest surcharge-free ATM network in Canada through THE EXCHANGE® Network, with over 3,700 ATMs to serve them.
Working at Alterna
Every day, over 600 of our employees take pride in putting our members first. Our caring culture has been recognized by the prestigious employer awards National Capital Region's Top Employers and Aon's Best Employers (Platinum level).
- Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined above.
- Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact Human Resources to let us know how we can accommodate you.