Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
This position is focused on responding to the needs of external clients and the internal sales groups in support of the Sales Plan. The position is heavily weighted towards direct client interactions enhancing sales and service goals, communications regarding clients (new and existing) to all internal departments, and support to sales efforts and market knowledge through activities designed to increase knowledge applicable to business development.
- Response to New Client Calls
- Response to RFP / RFQ and Other Procurement Processes
- Develops strong knowledge of leading industry trends and specific intelligence relating to key target accounts/opportunities by performing market research specific to targets
- As directed by management, actively solicits for new client opportunities, referring leads as appropriate to Sales staff.
- Grows and maintains existing customer and partner relationships through pro-active telesales activity.
- Manages daily schedule, meetings, agenda, both internal and in conjunction with field sales team (joint with S&M Coordinator).
- On-site product demonstrations and lab tour for visiting customers as required by management (joint with S&M Coordinator).
- Cover voicemail and email for sales staff while members are on vacation or unable to access their mailbox (joint with S&M Coordinator).
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry or related science/experience.
- 1-3 years professional sales experience in a technical service field is preferred but not required
- Knowledge in the application of analytical chemistry in the environmental field
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively in response to client and market needs or changing conditions
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking.
- Superior time management skills, and attention to detail in complex situations
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team sales environment with minimum supervision.
- Team player
- works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.