BCIT International is currently seeking a temporary, full-time International Recruitment & Social Media Specialist. This position is responsible for promoting and supporting activities related to international student recruitment and social media. This position is also responsible for assisting the Manager to develop and maintain International marketing and recruitment materials, with particular focus on social media.
Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment Research & Analysis:
- Collaborates with schools and Marketing & Communications department to develop marketing strategies to promote specific programs.
- Works with manager to asses and select viable target regions for international recruitment.
- Conducts market research to identify and register for fairs in target regions.
- Evaluates outcomes of various recruiting activities, prepares reports and makes recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with local and foreign institutions and organizations for the purpose of student recruitment.
International Students Support:
- Assesses students' applications and immigration status to determine best program choice.
- Liaises with program heads to organize tours and visits for partners, delegates, and prospective students.
- Creates student files, inputs and updates information in BCIT's student records system.
- Assists international students with admissions procedure information and provides registration support as required.
- Plans, reserves, budgets for and travels to the education fairs internationally.
- Updates marketing materials by liaising with BCIT representatives, Marketing & Communications department, and external vendors to create engaging content for an international audience.
- Updates the BCIT International website.
- Plans and implements promotional initiatives, short videos, events and workshops for an international audience.
- Assists with BCIT International's Orientation, International Education Day, and summer groups.
Social Media Marketing:
- Creates and maintains BCIT International's social media marketing plan.
- Develops digital campaigns to increase awareness and drive more enrollments.
- Plans and executes social media initiatives with stakeholders.
- Liaises academic schools and service departments to create International marketing content.
- Design, write, test and maintain content for the BCIT International website and various social media channels.
- Prepares photography and video content for social media use.
- Monitors digital trends and experiments with new digital tools to promote BCIT International's digital presence on social media.
- Routinely scan and identify social media accounts of BCIT international students to identify social media opportunities for promotional collaborations.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade for this position.
The qualifications section for this position was developed using the approved job evaluation plan, agreed to between the BCGEU and BCIT. The qualifications represent the minimum qualifications required in the future (i.e. to be reflected in job postings) and do not reflect the incumbent's existing qualifications.
- Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of a two-year diploma in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Two years of general experience plus two years of current, practical experience in a position of similar responsibility in a marketing and international student recruitment environment.
Software/Computer Application(s) and Expertise:
- Skilled at using the internet for research, with demonstrated experience and expertise in graphics design, web development, video editing, social media technology and search engines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment and adhere to strict deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Must be a team player who is self-directed, responsible and dependable.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of stakeholders in developing and implementing projects, and facilitating collaborative activities.
Administrative Skills (e.g. prioritizing, minute taking, wp speed, etc.):
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate recruitment events.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong, demonstrable writing skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Pay Grade 8; $53,679 to $58,354 per annum
Additional Salary Information
External hires are initially placed at the minimum of the salary range with progression to the maximum. Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment.
BCGEU Support Staff
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date
Competition Open Date
Competition Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quicklink for Posting