Job Description : MARKETING COORDINATOR
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
NorQuesters are difference makers and we're searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Marketing and Communications team as a Marketing Coordinator.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator provides strategic and tactical marketing support and services to NorQuest's internal clients, as well as functional expertise and support for project coordination across the Marketing and Communications team.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the development of NorQuest's comprehensive marketing strategy, develops plans and projects that align with the strategy, and manages the execution of marketing projects and activities for both internal clients and college-wide initiatives.
Collaborates with Marketing and Communications team members to manage relationships and understand and support internal client needs, providing consultation, leadership, and subject matter expertise in planning and executing marketing strategies and tactics.
How you'll make a difference
Provide consultation and project leadership and management for internal clients, Marketing and Communications, and college-wide marketing projects and activities.
- Develop and execute effective marketing strategies and plans.
- Manage campaign/project budgets, timelines, approvals, production schedule, content development, and evaluation.
- Liaise with external vendors to coordinate printing and book advertising related to campaigns and other marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team on marketing initiatives as required including design, multimedia, content, social media and/or web.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with clients throughout the college.
- Develop content including copy writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
What you bring*
Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing-related roles developing, executing, and managing marketing campaigns.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Experience in post-secondary marketing is an asset.
What makes you a Difference Maker?*
- Be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to align with the big picture
- Possess leadership qualities and be able to communicate with and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Be persuasive in promoting ideas, and be able to negotiate.
- Take initiative and have strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Be able to deliver tangible and positive results.
- Have the ability to maintain productive and effective working relationships with co-workers and clients and conduct oneself with tact and diplomacy.
SALARY: $65,971.00 to $85,665.00. Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This is a 15 month term position and is not eligible for benefits or pension.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-3029
CLOSING DATE: July 11, 2021*
Apply to become a NorQuester: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we'll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we'd say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it's up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs-lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward-to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that's a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there's so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,971.00-$85,665.00 per year