Job Description :
About Designer Brands Inc.
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories. The company operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group. Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide. The Camuto Group owns licensing rights for the Jessica Simpson® footwear business, and footwear and handbag licenses for Lucky Brand® and Max Studio®. In partnership with a joint venture with Authentic Brands Group, Designer Brands also owns a stake in Vince Camuto®, Louise et Cie®, Sole Society®, CC Corso Como®, Enzo Angiolini® and others. More information can be found at www.designerbrands.com
EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST
This is a work from home remote position. There may be a need to work onsite occassionally.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs for Designer Brands Canada and its retail brands
- DSW and The Shoe Company. This includes ownership of the setup, maintenance, and weekly/quarterly review of promotional and triggered email communications. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of email marketing best practices to help with strategy, list growth and retention, and driving omni-channel email sales growth and engagement. This role will work closely with the brand marketing & digital teams to plan, support and execute email marketing activities to meet and exceed business goals.
- Builds email campaigns, database selection, HTML presentation and quality assurance of all outbound campaigns
- Performs day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Stays abreast of and recommends email marketing best practices as it relates to coding, design and testing of email campaigns
- including mobile design, creative layout design, calls-to-action, dynamic content, testing, and CASL requirements
- Manage email lists and provide necessary feeds to support re-targeting efforts
- Analyzes and develops insights from results and conveys recommendations to stakeholders
- Assess current email workflow and define new processes in planning, testing, execution, and reporting on email activities if necessary
- Ensure proper tests are carried out for respective email clients, web browsers, and mobile; work with testing framework to continuously optimize and improve email program
- Assist in the development of strategies that drive growth in lead acquisition, engagement and retention
- Develop weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on Email performance
- Ensure all campaigns are tracked properly for accurate reporting
- Work with cross-functional partners to report on the Key Performance Indicators (open rate, click through rate, conversion rate, Email eCommerce revenue, Omni-Channel Email revenue, opt-out rate, etc.
- Experience using a marketing Email tool such as Salesforce ExactTarget or Oracle Responsys
- HTML coding experience
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in email campaign building and list selection preferred
- A university/college degree
- Patience, flexibility, adaptability
- this is retail and things can change quickly
- High attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- A genuine interest in email & digital marketing
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from within and outside of the department
- Good understanding of database concepts, segmentation and writing queries
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
What we offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Health/Dental benefits and Life Insurance for Full Time associates
- RRSP Matching Program
- Unlimited opportunity for growth
- Opportunities to join a variety of Business Resource Groups or Community Interest Groups
- Competitive compensation plan designed to reward top performers
- Training & Development Programs with our Global Designer Brands Inc Team
- Involvement in Community Investments (Virtual Silent Auctions, Raffles etc.)
- Summer Hours!!
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Challenges, Virtual Yoga Classes along with our daily Wellness Hour
If you love shoes as much as we do...APPLY NOW!
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest in Designer Brands. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Designer Brands is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.