Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location: 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1X8
Fresh Style. Fresh Careers. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and Joe Fresh Beauty® cosmetics. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Why is this role important?
The Jr. Graphic Designer is responsible for creating artwork and assisting the graphic design team in all aspects of apparel artwork development, including creation of on-brand apparel graphics, trend research, and preparing files for overseas vendor partners.
Key Responsibilities :
- Create attractive, engaging and effective artwork for our Childrenswear apparel and accessories.
- Participate in store visits, research trends and new techniques for print embellishments.
- Work closely with team leads and Design team; understand styling of product and develop within design direction.
- Work independently and be detailed with organization of projects.
- Ability to look at artwork objectively and give/receive feedback for the improvement of product.
- Find creative solutions, while remaining adaptable to artwork revisions.
- Timely execution of artwork in line with the development calendar.
- Assist in generating files for presentations and meetings.
- Partake in broader team meetings, share ideas and provide creative input when necessary.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited art / design or fashion institution
- 3 years of experience in illustration or graphic design (apparel industry experiences an asset)
- Strong creative design sensibility and understanding of brand identity
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite in a mac OS environment
- Core understanding of typography, layout and illustration
- Capabilities in Microsoft Office, including Office 365
- Knowledge in image optimization for print screen techniques
- Self-motivated, collaborative and open to learning opportunities and new ideas
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong portfolio
- please include a link to your portfolio in the application
How You'll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.