Job Description :
Communications Leader, Redevelopment Projects (VCH) Communications and Public Affairs
520 W. 6th Ave
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Communications Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Communications Leader to join the Corporate Communications team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Communications Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead on the delivery of strategic communications to ensure we meet the needs of a growing population.
- Be a dynamic self-starter who is resourceful, creative, and client-focused.
- Be capable of seeing the big picture and eager to roll up your sleeves to work shoulder-to-shoulder with team members implementing communications that reinforce our vision, purpose and values.
- Be able to proactively identify opportunities, potential risks, and serve as a trusted advisor, demonstrating a positive attitude, critical thinking skills, diplomacy, and exceptional communication skills.
- Have an appreciation of measurement and evaluation, and understand how to apply data to improve audience engagement and contribute to larger organizational goals and objectives. The impact of your insightful decision-making abilities will be evident in successful engagement of our key stakeholders and influence attitude or behaviour changes.
- Be accountable for planning and implementing strategic communications, as well as maintaining and strengthening the health authority's reputation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the communications and engagement needs of facility redevelopment projects, working closely with stakeholders across the organization.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism plus a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced abilities with various computer applications, including a working knowledge of social media tools.
- The ideal candidate will possess an impressive record of achievement in determining the views and perspectives of multiple audiences
- internal and external
- and in designing communications and change management strategies that reflect those needs in advancing organizational goals and objectives.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic communications plans with measurable objectives and results.
- Ability to recognize emerging issues and opportunities, and to manage appropriate responses.
- Ability to be creative in developing new approaches to resolving issues.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional leaders and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to turn complex concepts into simple, accessible ideas.
- Team-oriented with the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Strong team member and individual contributor.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with the demonstrated ability to set and meet priorities.
- Calm and alert with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.