We are looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation. In this role, you'll work with internal resources, product developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences. You'll produce a variety of top quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos and instruction manuals.
As a successful Technical Writer at Photon Control, you're motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving company. You have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based best manufacturing practices.
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including manufacturing work instructions and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and customer deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, etc.), ensuring a consistent "look and feel."
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism.
- 2-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content.
- Strong technical aptitude-ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones.
- Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes.
- Experience creating infographics to communicate workflow processes and abstract topics more clearly.
- Track record of effective collaboration.
- Bonus skills
- these are not required, but are a plus:
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance.
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Experience creating digital work instructions for a low-volume, high-sku manufacturing environment