Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we're committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?Overview :
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is responsible for aggregate sales, marketing, & strategy development in the Greater Vancouver Market Area. This individual will achieve sales objectives and improve overall profitability. This role will be responsible for customer base expansion, driving revenue performance, achieving sales & financial goals while focusing on high quality customer service. This includes project/bid quoting, customer relations, project management, quality control management, logistics management, and systematic collection of market intelligence (i.e. competitor activity, bid follow up & tracking).Responsibilities :
- Leads and promotes Lafarge Health & Safety commitment with customers and haulers
- Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner.
- Ensures vehicle is operated and maintained according to best practices.
- Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations.
- This role will be responsible for achieving volume/market share and price/profitability objectives by plant, product, and customer/market segment.
- Assists in the formulation of sales & marketing strategies, and executes the strategies. This includes market share analysis.
Customer Account Development & Management:
- Execute and meet objectives of the Sales Force Effectiveness Program and utilization of the Customer Relationship Management tool
- Identifies and understands current and unmet needs for existing and potential customers and translates into sales opportunities.
- Understands, communicates and captures the value of products and services to the customer.
- Establishes effective relationships with the customers; based on quality products, services and convenience.
- Determines the volume, price, freight and other supply-related details for existing and potential customers (and customer segments).
- Identifies the source of competitive supply into the respective territory.
- Understands and communicates the quality of products, services, and resources employed by relevant competitors.
- Continuously monitors competitor activity, communicates and recommends any necessary actions.
Market Activity Management:
- Proactively tracks and manages construction activity in the territory.
- Understands existing product specifications, identifies and recommends opportunities.
- Identifies relevant issues that may affect product supply.
- Understands Lafarge's current market position and continuously monitors the same. Represents Lafarge on industry-related committees & associations.
Vertical Integration Coordination:
- Coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination.
Communication & Coordination:
- Documents & communicates customer complaints and work with the Customer Service team to ensure they are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates when Lafarge exceeds customer expectations.
- Works closely with Customer Service, Materials Performance, Sales, Operations and other internal personnel to promote an effective work environment.
- Responsible for generating ?right-first-time? invoices through effective utilization of the quotation/billing system (ERP/Q2C), utilization of various sales tools (i.e. zone maps, pricing processes) and coordination with other sales and customer service personnel.
- The TM will directly enter quotations and perform error resolution.
- He/she documents market information and distributes it accordingly, prepares required reports in a concise and timely manner.
- Responsible for customer account aging and support of collection activities to minimize outstanding receivables.
- Responsible for the project quotation, sales management and customer management of their Territory.
- Responsible for Territory Commercial Strategy & Business Plan as well as Territory and Customer Action plans.
- Ensure all KPIs under the Lafarge Sales Force Effectiveness and Customer Relationship Management programs are met.
- Provide Market Intelligence for the annual Strategic Framework and monthly Sales Production Balance.
- Manages the market share position and promotes Lafarge as a leader in the industry.
- Responsible for customer service and satisfaction.
- Work closely with his/her fellow TSMs, Customer Service & Logistics Manager, Marine Dispatch, Aggregate Analyst, Plant Managers, Materials Performance (Quality), Customer Service Team (i.e. Inside Sales, Billing & Dispatch) and Credit & Collections personnel.
- Coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination while optimizing vertical integration
- A post secondary education is required, preferably with a degree in engineering or business. Also 3
- 5 years of relevant construction materials experience.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Strong customer focus.
- Results & detail oriented.
- Excellent people skills
- able to develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze market activities in order to develop strategies
- Effective computer and systems skills.
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Peer Relationships
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required. LafargeHolcim:
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
See more opportunities at www.lafarge.ca/careers.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.