Drive Canada sales through marketing campaigns to recruit new consumers and retain existing consumers. Partner with Canadian retailers to drive differentiated programs.
- Develop advertising strategy across all mediums (national and print) per season, in conjunction with global marketing.
- National print: develop print campaign strategy, including proportion of spend per book and proportion of spend per ad concept. Work with advertising partners to receive additional "value add" / texture around advertising.
- National Online: develop online campaign strategy, including proportion of spend per site and proportion of spend per concept. Work with Global Marketing, outside agencies, and regional online leads to develop innovative programs beyond traditional banner / point-roll advertising.
- Co-op Print: guide strategy for Retailers in terms of campaigns (i.e., GWP, GWV or product) and spend levels required by market.
- Co-op Online and outreach: develop online and outreach campaigns for use in co-op for GWP, GWV, and big box launches or product support programs. Support implementation.
- Develop Canada support strategy based on marketing calendar, in conjunction with global marketing.
- Determine overall support levels by product category (i.e., treatment, make-up, fragrance and by technique (i.e., samples vs testers)
- Support elements to include Field Sales previews and friends & family program, in-store display and testers, in-store outreach tools, mailers, sample offers. Drive innovative new support elements for all key programs.
- Work in conjunction with CRM and field/ retailers to maximize effectiveness of mailers via targeted guidelines.
- Manage overall in-store budget to ensure we maximize resources.
- Create seasonal field and retailer presentations and presentation books.
- Create retailer specific programs and support strategies.
- Provide guidance on price increases for existing products and pricing for new products.
- Provide guidance, in conjunction with Sales Operations, for forecasts for existing and new products.
- Analyze competitive data through NPD to determine overall impact of programs and generate ideas / needs for programs moving forward.
- Analyze impact of tests or changes in media / program mix to determine effectiveness.
- Drive Open Sell strategy for Canada, ensuring that Sephora, SDM and Nordstrom Innovation doors are updated with a cadence that maximizes sales from new launches and minimizes returns.
- Represent the Consultant/ Beauty Stylist etc (Nordstrom), Cast Member (Sephora) and Consumer to the Visual Merchandising team by providing an in-depth understanding of how merchandising elements are used at a store level and reviewing and approving all design direction for adherence to marketing and sales strategies.
- Brief creative teams on any special needs for open service including customized gondola photography.
- Liaise with Global Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Sales Directors/ field, Retailers on a regular basis to ensure implementation of strongest possible programs.
- Responsible for the talent development of a team of direct reports
- 8-10+ years related Marketing experience.
- Position requires strategic thinking, creativity and thorough knowledge in all areas of marketing including the ability to develop and implement innovative marketing programs.
- Strong leadership skills and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship building skills with internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and oral communications, excellent presentation skills, ability to personally organize and set priorities and to drive other people.
- Experience building brand strategies that incorporate paid, owned and earned tactics to drive overall brand objectives
- Bring a consumer
- first data-driven mindset to marketing objectives and success measurement
- Experience overseeing and managing robust digital media budgets, evaluating tactics as they relate to brand objectives
- Understanding of media planning best practices across social, OLV and Search (such as but not limited to, objectives-based planning, media creative, targeting opportunities and media reporting)
- Experience writing agency briefs to communicate key brand goals to agency partners
- Able to identify and demonstrate how media drives brand goals, evaluating ROI of media activations
- Demonstrate expertise on digital innovation & competitive brand activity
- Ability to leverage key consumer insights and/or CRM to shape brand consumer acquisition strategy
- Limited to moderate travel within Canada and the US.
Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-Toronto
Job Type: Standard
Job Number: 219317
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.